Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910

Thread: OT December Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member

Virginia, you would need to get a phone but you might be able to go in on one of your brother’s plans. We added my mom to ours. It added only $20 a month for unlimited talk, text and data. And yes, she insists on sending us checks!

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

2. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Pegakafarmgirl's Avatar

Hi,, I am also worried Jeanie, is falling,, and glad she did find away to get help,, Cat,, I bet its going to feel good to be at home,,,I hope everyone gets to feeling better, its no fun being sicker then we are,,

not much else going on,, X/Mas presents are bought,, we have our big Christmas party Saturday night,, around 60 people at a community center we tried houses, but not enough space,, Joe and I are making oyster stew,, {sorry >>> I hate it,,lol},, but alot of people like it,,

well better go,, >>>>> Merry Christmas !
    " Don't outsmart your common sense"

Peg

4. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Wow, Peg, that is the real Christmas spirit--being ready, willing, and able to whip up oyster stew for 60 people when you don't like oyster stew!

Virginia, ANN mentioned possibly getting a phone on a relative's plan. I've known of a number of people who do this. One neighbor here is on her daughter's plan though her daughter is in Phoenix.

I'm really ignorant about these phones. I have a vague idea what a flip phone is but don't understand about "data." When I get e-mails from Assurance Wireless about waiting for "SCRTN" to appear on the screen, and to make sure the "PRL" has been updated, I start to wonder if I'm on another planet.

Years ago I read a book called Stranger in a Strange Land, about someone from another planet who turned up on Earth. Sometimes I feel like that person.

The book about Android for dummies will get here this week.

Android. It even sounds like something from another planet. They've recorded the sound of wind on Mars now. Some of those people (?) out there may have taken over our planet.
    Last edited by agate; Today at 09:17 AM.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

6. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Thumbs up

Agate, I heard the sound from mars this morning. Erie to think what you are listening to.
    Evolution spans the Universe.

8. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Howie, I heard the wind on Mars. Weird and awesome. Did you get any gifts for your birthday?

Virginia, you don’t have to get a new smart phone. There are plenty of used ones including refurbished from Apple and probably and, I imagine, the Android brands. One of your brothers might have an old one in a drawer.

ANN
    Last edited by stillstANNding; Today at 10:47 AM.
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

10. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar

Default I heard it too..

Quote Originally Posted by Howie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Agate, I heard the sound from mars this morning. Erie to think what you are listening to.
    It sounds like wind.
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

12. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Thumbs up

Yes, but it's the sound of wind coming from another planet.

Ann, I got a card from my sister, and a call from my brother.
    Evolution spans the Universe.

14. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Thanks for tips on phones, but I don't want to get anything financial involved with either sister-in-law. It might be alright and it might not be. Rather than let anything have any effect on relations, I had rather try on my own. Besides, even though they keep their same numbers, both of them are very bad about buying new phones every time a new one comes out. Younger brother bought a new Apple recently. I can't remember what middle brother has. I just see them with their phones and see that they have a new one. They trade them in, so they do not keep the old ones. Sister-in-laws are about the same. The latest gadgets I guess.

They are easy because they talk a lot into theirs - at least sister-in-laws do. That keeps you from having to use fingers as much. However, they both can text if they want. One is a prolific texter.

By the way, looks like older brother in S.C. is going to move to Winston Salem, N.C. He and his wife looked at an independent living facility in Burlington, NC where her daughter lives. You had to buy into it and it was over $200,000. You still paid the same monthly fee. If for any reason you had to leave or wanted to you got none of your money back.

They then looked at one in Winston Salem, NC which you buy. It is a condo and not a villa. Anyway, plans are to completely renovate the bath and redo some other things such as kitchen. They are on first floor, and if needed a golf cart will come to the end of their corridor and carry them to dinning room for meals. I hope they go through with it because his daughter who has been such a help to them is only about 4 to 5 miles away and his son is closer. Of course it is a smaller place and they are having to decide what to keep and what to get rid of in SC, and also see if any of the kids want any of it. It is close to 1300 sq feet, and if laid out well that should be quite sufficient for them. Especially since they will not be taking their big dinning room furniture.
    Virginia

16. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910