Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: OT December Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member

Virginia, did you go out with your family last night? What did you eat?

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

2. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Ann, I did go. We went to a sports tavern, but it was quite because they did not have any ball games on at that time. I had "Hefty Nachos". I mostly eat the top with the cheese, sour cream, tomatoes and some of the meat. I ate just a few of the nachos.

Waiting to hear that you are eating more. I'll be glad when you see the Doctor again.

It was close to 70 or maybe higher today. Now tomorrow it is not to get out of the 40s and I have to go out to the Dentist. My appointment was on the 19th but they called this afternoon and moved it up until tomorrow. I wish now I had not because I will likely be tired tomorrow.
    Virginia

4. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yes, ANN. What did YOU eat?
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

6. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

9 am appt with GYN today to rule out bladder infection. She will start me on a med. Grow out specimens for a couple of days to see what antibiotics would be most effective and then change to that. Likely.

8. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Hello Sunshine. You are up early. Maybe to pee. I hope you get this and the spasms under control.

ANN
    Last edited by stillstANNding; 12-04-2018 at 07:22 AM.
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

10. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Sample was clear. They will grow it out at lab to be sure. RN asking doc if she wants to Rx antibiotic until results back just in case. Hope so. Should get call by noon re meds or not.

12. The following 7 users say "thanks"

I wake up alert at 2:30 and lie in bed until 4am . Thus has been going on since the huge spasms and increase Baclofen
    I don’t feel sleepy during the day......

14. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Okay, Back from GYN appointment. Was pleased to be able to drive the 25 minutes in the rain, no less. Walked the 35 steps to her building. Walked the ten steps to eh exam room. Walked a few more steps to bathroom to get sample. Was able to stand up for about 45” to do the necessary getting of stuff in the bathroom. Had to re read the instructions on the wall about 7 feet away because Baclofen makes STM poor. Read it three times, and then could do it. Success!

After visit, I imposed on a 60 something male to carry my heavy back pack to the car, so as to not stress the shin muscles walking back to the car. Very nice of him. He likes being Sir Galahad likely. And, I am a babe (not).

Got home and felt very successful at being brave to do this.

She started Keflex and sent the sample out to see if it grows anything. If not, d/c Keflex.

16. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Sunshine, I hope you start to feel better soon. You must have been having symptoms to make you think you had UTI. I am also pleased that you could drive the 25 minutes in the rain, and also take the steps that you did.

Yes, you were very brave to do this with all that you have had going on.
    Virginia

18. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Cherie's Avatar

Cat, Sunshine, ANN...All of you seem to be making some progress and for that I am grateful.

Went to Cardiologist today on referral visit. Yes, I have two leaky heart valves and a thickening of the left ventricle due to chronic hypertension but he was very affirming of my diet and exercise routines. Trying me on sublingual nitroglycerin prior to treadmill or walking to see if we can minimize the shortness of breath and occasional chest pain that has been happening the last few months. I really liked him a LOT! He says he is pretty convinced I do not have any coronary artery blockages but suspects the pressures in my heart are not normal and that could be found out by doing a cardiac cath. BUT...he says he needs to really have a good reason other than curiosity to do one. I also liked that.

I received an invitation from the Research department at Duke University today telling me that I had been selected to be part of a think tank that will meet in DC late January to review and make changes to the CDC and NIH analysis and dissemination of clinical trial data and selection of projects to be funded for research. Initially they wanted me to pay transport and hotel room but when they found out I was not working (really? It kinda feels like I am) and on Social Security, they offered to pay airfare and one night in the hotel. I suggested they pay for two nights and let me use my sky miles to get to and from. Should hear back from them in the morning. It is amazing and humbling to me how many offers are coming out of seemingly nowhere as a result of talks I have given or committees on which I have served. Here I am at 66 doing more than I have since 1995 and loving it and feeling overall way better.

20. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast