Page 16 of 34 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516171819202126 ... LastLast

Thread: OT December Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Howie, I've been taking HCTZ (hydrochlorothiazide) for many years, and it's one of the most problem-free diuretics around, but please pay attention to Cherie. My dosage is being carefully monitored, and I recently reduced it a little because the potassium level wasn't where it should be.

I don't take HCTZ for BP but to prevent kidney stones and cut down on swelling. I have to go in for regular fasting blood sugars as well as potassium checks. I take added potassium and have been doing that for years too.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

2. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    UTI is resolved. Walked better yesterday than have done in many weeks. Thinking maybe the UTI was smoldering until it finally flared. Now that its gone, maybe thats why walking better.
    I've had that happen a few times--a UTI I didn't know I had, and when it started clearing up thanks to the medicine, I began doing better with walking and other problems I'd been noticing too.

4. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Sunshine, so glad you had, at least, a half way decent day of walking. I just wish it could be every day for you. It will be interesting to see what the Doctor has to say Tuesday about cutting back on baclofen. It would be great if you could do that without any repercussions.

Howie, hens are very proud of you and the way you are handling your BP. I am not sure about Sam. Seems she doesn't want to be a nurse anymore, or a hostess. So, how does she justify getting extra turkey?

I had a kind of bad day yesterday. It rained from early morning until I went to sleep last night. Non-Stop!!! Our yards and lawns are saturated.

Well, anyway, could not help but go out. I had a nail appointment. I left about 1:30 for a 3:00 o'clock appointment that is 5 minutes away. I started out and realized I had an umbrella that did not work. Had to come back in, get another umbrella, reset alarm. Got almost to car, stepped in puddle of water, it splashed up on my slacks and got them really wet, I dropped one of my brand new gloves in the water.

I went to P.O. and drove to outside box to keep from getting out. Two outside boxes were stuffed full, but I tried to stuff mine in there anyway. By the way, in addition to raining all day it was cold. I went to cleaners to drop off a few things. While in cleaners I heard a car horn going off. It did not register that it was my car. Finally, it did. I was hitting buttons and still it kept blaring. My fingers had gotten cold and Raynaud's was so bad I couldn't hit it hard enough. A lady came in from outside and asked if I needed help. She took my keys and hit all the buttons until she got to the right one and turned it off. Embarrassing!

I was going to shop for two poinsettias, but at this point I had to go on to nail appointment. There I had to park out in lot because all parking in front of place was taken. My walking was awful all day. I kept thinking there might be a break in the rain, but no such luck. When I left there it was about 4:30 and due to cloudiness and rain it was beginning to get dark.

I WAS NOT going to give up on my poinsettias. I needed something live in this house. So went to nearest florist, where I bought two. They were almost out of white ones which is what I wanted, but I did choose two that look good. Then I went to grocery store. There I just kind of wondered around trying to remember what I just had to have because I hated to get more than I had to and have to carry it in the rain. I got a lot less than usual and will have to go back to another store probably Sunday, because they were out of some things.

I finally headed for home a little after six. Had to get out in rain at mail box. First time I had gotten mail since first of week. Took 4 trips to get my small amount of groceries, mail, and poinsettias in. Every time I got out yesterday I had to put my umbrella up, so very unpleasant day. I bought a slice of pizza that had been made at the grocery store and bought it home because I didn't want to make another stop or cook. Anyway, it was after seven when I got in for the last time and got out of my clothes and tried to get comfortable.

I was thankful to be in and safe.
    Virginia

6. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Virginia, I'd say you had an adventurous day!

Congratulations on being able to get those poinsettias.

I've never had a poinsettia that lasted very long but a neighbor down the hall has had one outside her door for over a year now and it's doing fine, even still blooming.

8. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

Virginia, Sam walks across my chest until I give her extra turkey. Dogs drool, cats rule!
    Evolution spans the Universe.

10. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Agate, I can't say that I have any poinsettias that lasted very long either, but I just wanted something that was live in my house for Christmas. I had looked in the grocery store and the ones they had were red and very small, so I was lucky to get any. Around here to get what you want at Christmas you have to start early. The snow early in the week kept me in, but yesterday was not a day to be driving around here.

It has rained here again today, but not like yesterday. However, it is foggy.

Howie, there was a bright note in yesterday for me. If I am reading this right, I think an A&P is going to open up that will be within blocks of me. There is one that is about a mile in the other direction from my neighborhood and I wondered if they will close it down. There was a Kroger in the spot where I think they may be going. I never did like that particular Kroger, so just didn't go there. Yet when it closed I was sorry to see a grocery store that close by go. But if A&P goes in that would be great. There was a sign that said in big letters Opening Soon Early Spring 2019. Then down at the bottom a small A & P. I immediately thought of you because that is your store.
    Virginia

12. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Thumbs up

Virginia, my store is a Food Lion. It's the closest store to me, and I've been going there about 18 years now. They just remodeled a part of it so the fruits and veggies are in a refrigerated room, along with other changes.
    Evolution spans the Universe.

14. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Oops Howie - I knew that! Also, it reminded me that the one in the other direction that I was talking about is a Food Lion. So maybe this is a A&P going in.
    Virginia

16. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Whoo, Virginia, that counts as moving! Lots of moving.
    When you mentioned the poinsettias it made me remember the orchid you had potted. Did it last?

I saw my MIL today and like last week, she told me not to lose any more weight. She asked if I was eating and tried to push cookies on me. She just doesn’t listen when I explain the problem, my inability to control it and that what I do eat has to have a high nutrition and caloric content. Then there is the timing which I don’t even try to explain. Peter called her tonight and she wanted to know if I ate. It’s maddening.

I see the GI on Friday at 4:40 PM. We fly to my mom’s on Christmas Day and come home NYEve. Nothing will get done until next year.

Howie, I’m proud of you.

Jendie, can you drop us a line if you’re able?
    ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

18. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Cherie's Avatar

My Mom always used to move poinsettias to the furnace room in the basement when the season was over and the following November bring then=m back up, trim the ends of the branches, water them and give them sun and they would return. I have not tried it.

ANN
    We need to educate these folks that weight gain is achieved not by throwing in sugared desserts and drinks but by determining what food our system will tolerate and working from there to add needed pounds.l

20. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Page 16 of 34 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516171819202126 ... LastLast