Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who I have fostered so far.

Distinguished Community Member houghchrst's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Who I have fostered so far.

I think this is all of them so far. I did have six all at one time though. They have all found wonderful places and the last, the chunky dachshund I currently have, Skyler, should be in his new home by the end of the weekend. This is not counting the feral colony of at least five cats that I seem to have adopted. I have no clue why the pictures turn out so huge, does anyone know of a program I can use to scale them down so they don't come out so big?
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

It warms my heart to know that you do this I wish more people would try to help poor animals. It breaks my spirit to hear how some animals (and people ) get treated.

4. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The world needs far more people like you!
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

6. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Default Pet Therapy

I wouldn't want to be a day without my cats and
    the fun and love we share.. new here coffeecat

[LIST=[/LIST]

8. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member jingle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by coffeecat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wouldn't want to be a day without my cats and
    the fun and love we share.. new here coffeecat

[LIST=[/LIST]
    Hi coffeecat -- welcome to braintalk. I can't imagine being without my cats.

10. The following user says "thanks"

Blog Entries

Hi Coffeecat and welcome. I have discovered that as a past dog person I have a special place in my heart for cats. Never thought I'd say that lol.

I still have chunky Doxie, his new mom is coming all the way from Illinois to get him from Flint Michigan on the 2nd of March. I have 4 ferals in my foster room with appts to be fixed and vaccinated this weekend then they will be sent to be barn cats. Heated barns only but they are feral and unadoptable so they are fed and warmed and allowed to do what they will which is keep the rodent population and the stray population down. I have gotten 3 of my possibly 7 ferals fixed, taken on an elderly man and his pets as outreach. He is old fashioned and believes dogs should be outside. He loves that dog but he is old school. So some education and dog house fortifying, getting their kitty fixed, and their bird fed and checked is on the agenda. Took a lot to get that man to let his dog inside but his heart softened. so he is working with me and so many of the local volunteers and outreach and rescue people reached out to him but I am the one he and his sister chose and so everybody is pissed off and now don't want to help. The rescue world is brutal. It is too bad, crap played out online for the whole world to see. I stay out of it. I have only one goal and that is to help as many animals as I can.

12. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member tic chick's Avatar

hey chris!

i have all my pics in one place and a relatively new desktop pc. i can go to my pics and left click the mouse on a pic and it'll ask me if i want to open it in "paint" or "windows". both have a photo editing program. i can crop out the background and resize the pics by any percentage i choose, like half or quarter size. some mail systems, like hotmail (outlook) also have a program that lets you edit photos. you can try sending yourself the full size photo in email and see if you can use your email's editor or just click on the pic from your pic file. if you have a tablet or something other than a desktop pc, i'm lost, but you could check out the programs on your computer and see if you have "paint"

you know, i just don't understand why ppl have to be so petty. so what that you built a rapport with the older man and now he trusts you to help him? isn't that part of the aim of a rescue group to get the confidence of ppl so that they can be helped? smh. why can't they just be happy someone helped, whether you or someone else? just do what you do and like you said, stay out of the swamp of jealousy and pettiness.

thanks for sharing your rescue pics!
    jeannie
    Last edited by tic chick; 02-13-2019 at 09:31 PM.
    Here's to good women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.
    "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
    "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
    "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney

14. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Thanks Jeannie, yes I know how to use paint and have a couple different program and while my thumbnails are also posted they are closer to normal size. This is the only place where my pics turn out ginormous. I can post same things on FB and it looks normal lol. I will try cropping and post some new pics and see if I can gets size down.

Yes the horrible things that rescue and foster and just nosy people, the armchair rescuers say about each other actually gets down to where attorneys are called and the often terrible things done to other people is sad. I got in thinking it is all about the animals but so many look at it as another notch in their belt. I am going to have to cut out the outreach as it is costing me money. My community cat people are pretty much paying for food for the cats but I have two bags to take to them that were donated. Still have my four that need to be trapped soon but they are backed by WAG. For any of you that go on FB WAG is a rescue +. Los Gatos Cat Rescue is who I am fostering for right now. Mr. Skyler is from Dachshund Haus Rescue. They can all be found on FB if anyone feels like giving donations or just taking a peek. My FB page is Christina Hough (Sywyk). Nothing wrong with posting it here once you join FB you're screwed cause the whole world knows your business
    Last edited by houghchrst; 02-14-2019 at 05:24 AM.

16. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

These are my ferals. in the ginormous cage I have two kittens and an adult. All three black. Would love to rehab the two kitties instead of releasing them wild. But in the other double cage is Miss Ripley. I named her on the fly and then immediately I thought of Ripley from the Alien movie and thought it was perfectly appropriate. She is tough as nails. Feral through and through. She is separate because she is oldest and we think she was not originally with this group of ferals as she had already been spay and ear tipped. I need to check better next time because I never noticed she was tipped. They had to be removed from an apartment complex they were hanging around so now we are looking for a barn for them and I just found out from my rescue group that I am the one responsible for finding them a new home. Nice, missed that in the booklet lol. I have no clue but I have made an official inquiry. It was a no.

Lots more to do, have five cats that are to be vetted this month, skyler goes to his new momma on the 2nd but am waiting on family home video for their adoption finalization. Taking forever and am wondering if she is changing her mind. Rescue is also taking in 7 ER cases of relinquished doxies so I may be up for one, not sure yet. Takes me all morning to get through all the rescues and needs posts. Okay I have run out of stuff to say, what do you know lol.

18. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Well I still have the three black feral kitties and now I have rescued another one to take Miss Ripley's place. She is a friendly. Family dumped her outside and quit feeding her cause she had fleas last fall. So in Michigan once you throw your cat outside it becomes a community cat and is up for the grabbing so after days of trying to offer help for their animals and them not feeding her I snatched her up. Unfortunately she has a big belly, I am hoping it is a quick fix like worms and she is not pregnant. If it is worms then she can be adopted out immediately after her spay next week but kittens is a whole different story. I am in for it lol.

I started a fundraiser for my birthday on Facebook. It is so I can foster more of a variety of animals. I need a fenced run cause these guys need to run and poor Skyler isn't getting any decent exercise, me neither but my pain levels are extreme, and what I need to make the patio more cat friendly, screen and such. What I need and the amount of money I asked for are different but I figure every little bit helps. This is my donation link. Amazingly enough I actually have more than I dreamed. Less than I hoped but more than I dreamed. It is going until the 21st

https://www.facebook.com/donate/3926...3649981378947/

Sweet Skyler has become our forever foster. His adopter backed out and his rescue practically begged me to be his forever foster. He is ours but they pay for food and vetting. He knows it too, his behavior is different, he is more open and active and actually played with a toy the other day. Something he has not done since he has been here. Poor guy, I was his fourth home. So he stays. His attitude kind of reminds me of my Brody. Very serious yet funny and loving. Dash hugs begrudgingly lol.

20. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast