Thread: OT...I have been watching something great through Amazon Prime. Canít stop watching!

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar

Default OT...I have been watching something great through Amazon Prime. Canít stop watching!

I have Amazon Prime and have been watching an old HBO show called ďsix Feet UnderĒ...
    Maybe some of you watched it years ago but I was lucky to stumble on it a few nights ago. Maybe it was made in 2001 but there is nothing that is not contemporary to us.

There were 5 seasons with 12 or 13 episodes that are each about an hour long. Each episode is a complete story in itself but all are tied together through a family and some outlier characters connected to them.

Ok...the main family runs a funeral home. The actors are superb. The writing is superb. It is so funny your sides hurt from laughing too hard. And it makes you reflect....
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have Amazon Prime and have been watching an old HBO show called “six Feet Under”...
    Maybe some of you watched it years ago but I was lucky to stumble on it a few nights ago. Maybe it was made in 2001 but there is nothing that is not contemporary to us.

There were 5 seasons with 12 or 13 episodes that are each about an hour long. Each episode is a complete story in itself but all are tied together through a family and some outlier characters connected to them.

Ok...the main family runs a funeral home. The actors are superb. The writing is superb. It is so funny your sides hurt from laughing too hard. And it makes you reflect....
    I heard about this a while back and meant to look into it--then forgot. Thank you for the reminder!

I may have been put off by finding out that the story revolves around a funeral home. Hard to believe that that could be funny but I guess I'll have to take a look at it.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

3. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Linda, I have wanted to watch a movie all day, but can't get my roku to work and that is how I watch Netflix and Amazon Prime. I am going to keep trying and if I get it fixed I will try to watch it. This is first time I have had a problem with it.
    Virginia

5. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

I really loved that series and I watched every single episode. A few of the later episodes are a bit over-the-top, but still very fun to watch.The last scene of the ferry last episode is simply beautiful. And the music played during the scene when Claire drives off and you see how everyone eventually dies, is haunting.

7. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Linda, I spent about 20 minutes looking for this on Amazon Prime. I finally found it, so I thought, but it was just previews of past episodes.

When you get through watching this one, another good one is The Big Sick. It is just a movie and not a series, but one I very much enjoyed. It is a true story about a comedian and his girlfriend. He wrote the book and starred in the movie. It is funny, sweet, warm, romantic and has something for everyone. It is also on Amazon Prime. I watched it twice.
    Virginia

9. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Virginia View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Linda, I spent about 20 minutes looking for this on Amazon Prime. I finally found it, so I thought, but it was just previews of past episodes.

When you get through watching this one, another good one is The Big Sick. It is just a movie and not a series, but one I very much enjoyed. It is a true story about a comedian and his girlfriend. He wrote the book and starred in the movie. It is funny, sweet, warm, romantic and has something for everyone. It is also on Amazon Prime. I watched it twice.

Thanks Virginia...I did watch The Big Sick and enjoyed it.
    I continued binge watching Six Feet Under and feel somewhat like a junkie! I can’t stop. Want more! Sneaking my iPad into bed and watching in the middle of the night!
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

11. The following 3 users say "thanks"