Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What Next?

Distinguished Community Member

I don't know if this is the right forum but I do know this is where my friends are. Hy Support network is crumbling and I don't know what to do. The closest person I know and who has helped tremendously in the past has gotten involved with a younger man 54/27 and he is feeding her POISEN (street drugs and she is so wrapped up with him I am scared for her I am still in her life but think I need to back off, I have tried talking to her but I have the feeling that it is going in one ear and out the other. and no, I have no feelings for(romantically) her only love for a really great friend who has been there for me and still is but I don't want her to ruin her life. I had my own struggles, I put ALL the BS down thirty-forty years ago and will not endanger that 1 slip was enough to remind me what I have to lose - therefore I do not hang out with her when he is around - what do I do?

2. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member houghchrst's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Oh Alex, how heartbreaking, even worse having been there and knowing what waits for your friend. You must love from afar. Let her know you are there for her but for your own self keep far away but you know all this. You have a headstart. You've been there done that so have a measure of protection. You are at a vulnerable time right now so wrap yourself in light and love and prayers. Be a friend but from a distance, it is hard. She is going to need you. Be strong. Prayers for you both.

4. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Chris = thank You = She is not answering phone calls or texts - supposed to be a new years eve party this evening - HOPE to see her then - Yes I will always be at a distance for now - Yes, Been there many (30+ years ago, been right since, Indeed, pray for me, I will not follow her down that road, I will just simply be here for her. Hope this finds you better and in good spirits,
    Happy new year
    Alex44 AKA Skypilot Steve
    And yes, I do love her very much as a FRIEND
    S.

6. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12