Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Keep on Moving Club: November 2018

Hybrid View

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

Default Keep on Moving Club: November 2018

MS creates some real challenges to keep on moving. It helps to inspire each other on how to find ways to move.

Did you stretch in your bed, swing your arms, roll side to side today? Or perhaps you did housework? Or exercised in a pool? Tracked your count of steps? Chased your cat around the home? Pushed the wheelchair wheels with your arms at the store? Post them here and we can support and egg each other on.

2. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Today I swam 1/2 mile st the public pool and walked over 200 steps to and fro the car, the locker room, the pool. Not to mention dragging a chair into the shade so my meds weren’t in the sun, and into the shower. GEESH.

I cornered the manager. All kinds of excuses for not putting a placard on the stall that says handicap. So tired of te old “Can’t do” of government employees.

The loud PA was shouting at my lane. ...Not so good for SPS stiffening. Oh well. At least I can still swim....
    Last edited by Sunshine; 11-01-2018 at 12:57 PM.

4. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Tweeker, I can only echo what Sunshine said.

I wonder why MRIs are done if a person has already been diagnosed and isn't on one of the MS drugs and probably won't be going on one of them. I can see why doctors want to do them if there's an uncertain diagnosis or if there's a question about what drug might work best. Too bad you had to get bad news from the neuro.

MRIs often show lots of disease activity when the person isn't feeling worse, though, if that's any comfort. I try not to think too much about MRIs. I'm not sure that the experts even know how to interpret them very well.

Those classifications of MS are kind of loose, too. They don't really know for sure if a person is SPMS, RRMS, PPMS or what. They didn't have those classifications when I was diagnosed, and even now that they have them, they keep rethinking them. I wouldn't worry too much about being classified as SPMS. MS may even be more than one disease. They just don't know. They're working on it.

Ghastly disease.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

6. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Apparently with exercise you have to keep at it. You can't slack off on it. If I'm having pain I tend to do a bit less exercise, and if a particular routine really hurts, I skip it for as long as it takes for the pain to calm down, but I do the exercises I can do without having pain.

There can't be any excuses so far as I'm concerned. I can't say I'm too tired or don't have enough time though sometimes I postpone some of them until the next day. I make sure I've got all of the exercises in by the end of the week.

The PT explained "every other day" as Mon., Wed., Fri.--which suits me down to the ground because it's a little less than every other day. I feel as if I get a vacation on weekends because there are several exercises I don't need to do then.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

8. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Not much longer Sunshine and you will have your very own private pool, but kudos to you for still putting up with this public one until then.
    Virginia

10. The following 5 users say "thanks"

I walked from the parking at the medical center to the MS center. Lots of walking there. Poorly designed! Fancy but who were they thinking of? Then walking around Wholefoods. Felt great to feel somewhat normal.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

12. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Oh ANN! That is so Terrific!

I know about those med centers. I have two docs where the car is pretty far from the building! So glad you could do it though!

14. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Nice going Ann on all that walking.

I had an appointment here in my house with insurance man and then I went to grocery store. Then yes Ann, I did stop at Panera and got my usual and it was not as good as it usually is for some reason. I also bought some of their mini scones because everything they have is MSG free and I like that. However, the scones tasted like biscuits. If I don't get off Gabapentin soon I will be as big as the side of my house. I don't know how Howie stays on it and just eats one meal a day. I have been hungry every since I went up to my third capsule.
    Virginia

16. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Virginia, the two things I like best from Panera are their Mac n’ cheese and their tuna salad. Scrumptious.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

18. The following 5 users say "thanks"

I will try that next time I go there Ann - thanks!
    Virginia

20. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast