Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast

Thread: OT November Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member
    Blog Entries

She's one of those trolls....

Last edited by agate; 11-06-2018 at 01:40 PM.

2. The following 6 users say "thanks"

I would say one of those weird looking trolls!

Agate, we were talking recently about getting up off the floor. I have always been able, when on carpet, to do a Yoga pose where I put one foot in front flat on the floor with hands also in front of me flat on floor and I push with the other foot behind me and just come on up. Today I was cleaning and rather than push with my arms on something I decided to do that, in order to be able to keep doing it. Well, I couldn't and had to push up with arms. I was so disappointed and it has depressed me a lot. I can see that I am getting weaker when I can't do something that I have always done.
    Virginia

4. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Virginia, it may be just some trunk muscle weakness that many people get as we get older. I guess our parts just aren't made to last forever. But it can be depressing.

Have you seen the kneeling pads that come with handles on the sides so you can lift yourself up on them? I've never tried them but love my two kneeling pads that don't have handles.

This one reverses to become a seat as well--a bit pricey but might be worth it:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FK3J71P...detail_2?psc=1

6. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Cherie's Avatar

Jeanie,
    I wish you were closer. My scooter is in good condition but needs a new battery. I paid $3000 for it and had a custom extra padding seat with lumbar support added. I would give it to you. Have no clue what it would cost to ship it.

I hope everyone had the chance to get out and vote today or was able to do it early or absentee. We voted at a little before 9:30 this morning and by 10:30 1/3 of all of our State's registered voters had cast ballots. We had a lot of new folks running in local elections like town council and school committee. There was one challenger to an incumbent State representative and one to one of our State Senators but many were unopposed. Our Governor's race was the big one here with a first generation American Trump supporter opposing our 1st term Democratic female governor. Hotly contested with a lot of negative advertising on the part of the Democrats but not so much from the Republican Challenger. I really like him a lot as a person and he is a champion for the MS community here in RI but I don't think he is yet ready to be governor. He is very young and , although he has been a mayor of our State's largest city for the past 4 years, I think he needs a few more years to really hone his administrative skills. He got married less than 2 years ago. I cannot imagine the strain running for public office at the State level must put on a new relationship.

I am so grateful for these few days at home. I am feeling better and sleeping a bit better and getting a lot of stuff done as a follow-up to the last few weeks on the road or in preparation for upcoming commitments. The house is once again looking habitable and welcoming although there is still a lot to be done that someone from the outside might not immediately be aware of. It can and will wait to be entirely completed.

8. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Agate, I did it. I got up the way I use to do it. I think I will practice it once a day to keep doing it. Feeling better about it.

Cherie, glad things are looking up for you in the house and that you feeling and sleeping better.
    Virginia

10. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Virginia View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Agate, I did it. I got up the way I use to do it. I think I will practice it once a day to keep doing it. Feeling better about it.

Cherie, glad things are looking up for you in the house and that you feeling and sleeping better.
    Congratulations! I'm going to try your method.

12. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar

Smile

:) Cherie that is a very nice offer. Jim came and got the scooter that broke and is going to take it to his welder. If I get it back working I will be okay. My spare one has a seat that does not turn and the edges are raised so it is not as easy to get on and off but doable for now.

I feel blessed that I did not get hurt. My right hip is a little sore from landing on it, but not bad. I am just sick, our crooked governor beat out our wonderful Senator Nelson. Scott is a Trump buddy and Nelson is a very conscious voter for people's rights. My vote cancelled my son Jim's. Scott ran a medicare company and got rich off our seniors but they only gave him conditions and no sentence.

With the republicans in control, we may lose preexisting conditions being covered or raised to unaffordable rates. We need to p[ray for divine guidance of the elected officials.

Virginia I am glad you are going to practice getting up every day. I am doing the stand ups every time I go to the bathroom and weights for my arm strength and my legs are a little stronger. Jeanie :)

14. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

So much Caring here.

Cherie, it’s good you are resting at home. Even a well person would suffer with your schedule!

Virginia, that’s a huge change! Please also put on Keep on Moving thread to inspire others?

Jeanie, you are also an inspiration with your major efforts to improve strength and to keep on keeping on.

Re Sen Nelson, I thought it might go to recount? Scott’s voters will get what they deserved, but you and I sure don’t get what we deserve.

Dems now controll House. Theylll stop Medicare and SS changes.

16. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Cherie's Avatar

The Clock is now ticking with David in the Clinical trial. He was randomized today (we won't know if he's getting Placebo or one of two doses of the trial drug for the next 20 months) and his first infusion is tomorrow morning at 8am. It will be an hour of testing, labs, ekg then an hour of infusion then 1-2 hours of observation. This will be the last visit till April that I need to be there with him. He can go to the December, January, February and March visits alone if he is able and wants to. We got home an hour and a half earlier than we were told to plan on so it has opened up the day for both of us.

The continuing education certificate site opened this morning so that I can get credits for the conference last week so that is done. David and I are working together on the PowerPoint Slides and presentation for the two programs next week on MS as a Partnership: Patient , Caregiver, and Healthcare Team. He will be presenting the caregiver component of the program and I will put his thoughts and ideas into slides for him to use.

I have gotten two more projects to review. One will take a couple of hours and I get $100 compensation for that. The other is as a patient advisor to the the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) on a panel of 5 persons to review protocols on BP management and weight management. We will be reviewing de-identified Electronic health records to see if protocols show evidence of being followed and if there is patient improvement as a result. In this electronic world of check marks I think I know what we will find but would love to be pleasantly surprised. They will no longer be able to post our BMI (Body Mass Index) without evidence of counseling if it is too low or too high. They also will no longer be able to tick in that they addressed salt free diet and other measures to lower BP if that is not actually being done. It will be interesting to see what tools they will place into use to be sure the patient is an active participant in this process. This position is to be for a year+/- with a chance of extension and expanding the focus to other areas of care as these have been addressed. I look forward to that. It will help keep my finger in the medical end and keep my mind sharp.

18. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Unhappy

G'day all! I just got a text from CVS that my Doctor hasn't okayed a refill of my Gabapentin. So now I have to call the doctors office, and see what the problem is. I already have a refill for the month.

I have my doctors office "Summary of Today's Visit on 11/2", and it says Continue Gabapentin. So I'm waiting for the doctor's office to get back from lunch. And I am finishing my second mug of coffee. Good timing.
    .................................................. .....

I FINALLY got through to my doctor's office, and they said they don't know why I got the text from CVS, so I'll just forget it, until I pick up next month's Ready-Fill next month.
    Last edited by Howie; 11-07-2018 at 10:29 AM.
    Evolution spans the Universe.

20. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast