Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: OT November Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member

Thank you, Cat! Rye, I haven’t had that in ages and those tacos sound delicious.

ANB
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

2. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Cat, the dinners sound nice, but I would take your homemade tacos. They sound great.

I just got down on my knees in my master bath to look under one of my cabinets and clean a few things out. I don't have a knee pad, but I used two large towels folded thick. However, when I started to get up I couldn't. I had thought that I could push up by putting another large towel on the tub beside the vanity, but it was till too low and vanity was too high. I can't pull up, I have to use my elbows and push up. I thought of Jeanie who once said she slid across the floor on her rear, so that is what I did only on my towels. I got to my nightstand in the bedroom and pushed up on elbows from there. It wore me out. Guess that was my workout for the day.

Before I got through eating my dinner tonight I was very tired of peppers - green, yellow, red, all colors. That is what the Greek Salad I got from Whole Foods yesterday was made up of. On top of that I had gotten some grilled peppers. If I had been thinking I would have gotten the Greek and then also a little of some Ceaser Salad they had. Then I would have had some lettuce, which I did not have. Oh well, taste was good.
    Virginia

4. The following 5 users say "thanks"

That was a scary situation, Virginia, to find out that you are unable to get up. I hope you are recovered.

Peter went to a wedding that we were invited to of someone who used to work with him. It was a 5:30 PM wedding. He is on his way home now. I have missed him but he has sent messages and pictures and called once.

ANN

6. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member nuthatch's Avatar

Yum, tacos, my favorite! We're having Potato Basque Soup tonight. Whatever happened to the cooking thread?

I love fall. We're getting beautiful sunsets most every day now. Hubby took this shot from the bedroom this evening. Lots of pinks!

Speaking of pink, Tula wanted to be an elephant for Halloween, a pink elephant! My daughter makes her costumes, so I dug around in my extensive fabric stash and found a piece of pink robe type material that I sent to her. There wasn't enough fabric for the whole costume so she went to the thrift store and found a pink 70s blouse made out of a weird pleated polyester material that was just perfect for what she needed. Cut it up and worked until 1 a.m., but got it done. Tula was happy, Mom was proud and tired!
    Attached Images Attached Images

8. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Excellent elephant!
    ANN

10. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

I've seen pink elephants when I've had a few too many beers.
    Evolution spans the Universe.

12. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Cherie's Avatar

Today, I wasted on rest (with the laundry going). It is evident that the entire house needs to be rid of plaster dust. The kitchen counters were black when I wiped them down this morning and the floor needs mopping but I just don't have the energy. The contractors did not mop the dining room floors so there is plaster dust all over them but they laid the area rug over it and did not vacuum or steam clean them as they agreed. They steamed the upstairs carpet when they re-tacked it on Monday but then took the equipment away before the crew got the walls and ceiling in downstairs. I will likely just hire someone to come in and do that carpet and perhaps even to help me clean. Plants and furniture back into the dining room and windows and curtains washed and rehung. I am thinking though that perhaps some of the "trinkets" that were on the shelves and artwork on the walls might be able to be "shared" with others and not go back into place.

ANN,
    Something tells me, as I tick off dates and surrounding experience, that it was the fall of 2003 because I was out of the scooter on Rebif by then. I know it was cool weather because she had packed a bunch of turtlenecks and kneesocks.

Don't forget to set your clocks back an hour tonight.

14. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Cherie's Avatar

Norwood Flyer.jpg20181115-EG flyer.jpg

Here is the info on the two programs I am doing if anyone is able to make them. ANN, I sure hope you and Peter can come to Norwood (since you recommended the site) and meet David.

16. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Nuthatch, cutest elephant I have ever seen. Grandma and Mother did good!

Cherie, glad you are back and hope you get everything straight pretty soon.

Ann, it was scary when I could not get up, but when I remembered Jeanie sliding and I slid on my folded towels they just glided over the tile, so once I figured it out I was pretty much alight. It just kind of wore me down was the worse part of it. I knew if I got to the carpet I would be alright, but not on tile.
    Virginia

18. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Cherie, thanks for reminding us about our clocks I had completely forgotten that I have an extra hour tomorrow.
    Virginia

20. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast