Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 626313233343536

Thread: OT November Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member Cherie's Avatar

Agate,
    I remember seeing it in the past but it is not visible anymore.

Peg,
    Sorry about your friend but I have to think that is a pretty good way to go if you have to die.

2. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Peg, it's so sad to lose a friend. The shock of losing someone suddenly is hard. I have to agree with Cherie though that if you have to die, the way to go is instantly--a massive stroke or heart attack. At least she probably didn't suffer.

Cherie, you really should be able to see that part of the board where the users online are shown. Maybe ask a moderator about it? There just might be an easy fix. It might be something like needing to clear your cache. That works wonders sometimes.

I had a message from renee. She says she'll drop in and says hello to everyone here.
    Last edited by agate; 11-30-2018 at 07:33 AM.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

4. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Glad Renee realizes we are still around and thinking about her.

I wonder where Parsi is?
    Virginia

6. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member nuthatch's Avatar

Catching up here. Sorry to hear Sunshine and Cat are having to deal with such devastating issues. Wish there was some way I could help.
    Glad to read that Ann is able to eat a bit and all tests are looking good, but would sure like the doctors to get this solved for her!
    My daughter has Raynaud's too. Started when she was in junior high. She is careful to never let her hands get cold.

We had lots of very hard rain and extra strong wind on Tuesday night and Wednesday. My husband called it squalls, but they were coming every 5 minutes. I've never seen such extreme weather! Sounded like a tornado was coming at us. It had our cats frightened, and they usually just sleep through downpours! Can't imagine how all the homeless victims of the Paradise fire are dealing with it on top of everything else, particularly those living in tents.
    The news cycle has moved on, back to Trump, but the misery of a whole community is far from over.

Speaking of having to deal with junk, we had an issue all summer with, of all things, pigeons! Suddenly a few pigeons started handing out on our roof. Within two weeks, three or four turned into twenty. We were afraid they were starting to nest under our solar panels on the roof, so after some research I order a roll of coated mesh and some clips to hook onto the panels so nothing can get under the panels. The pigeons still hung around. Next, we put spinning flower yard decorations from the dollar store up on the roof. They look kind of silly up there but the pigeons were scared of the movement. We also strung fishing line in places to deter them. All of this together seemed to work.

The neighbor across the street has them on his roof too, but hasn't done a thing about it . . . until now. This morning he came over to ask where we got the spinner things. Apparently, the downpours of rain we had had washed all the pigeon poop off his roof and damed up his rain gutter. That mucky water got under his tile roof and water started dripping on them in bed in the middle of the night! Thinking they just had a roof leak, they got up and moved the bed just in time before the drywall on the ceiling collapsed, leaving a gaping hole into the attic! Yuck!!! They discovered what the problem was today when they had a repairman come over to fix the roof. The neighbor (he's a surgeon!) didn't want to tell his wife that it was bird poop water that was dripping on them in bed! Hope they don't sleep with their mouths open! LOL

Lesson: Pigeons can cause big problems and they make loads of poop!
    My husband had a couple of extra spinners, which he gave to the neighbor. He was out this afternoon and when he came home he noticed the spinners had been installed on the neighbors roof, but there were around ten pigeons sitting on his roof, only in a different area of his roof. I had read in my research that once pigeons start hanging out somewhere, they just keep returning. Hence the name "homing pigeons"!

8. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

nuthatch, it sounds as if you've devised some clever ways of deterring the pigeons but how calamitous for the neighbor it must have been to have the ceiling collapse! Pigeon droppings can be quite a problem.

In Chicago there were places where they hung out, and people had to be on the lookout for them. In addition to being decorated with their poop, you might also step on one because they were underfoot in large numbers sometimes.

Virginia, I've been wondering about Parsi too. I'll start a thread asking about her...
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

10. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member renee's Avatar

Default Duh

Re 11/16: 7" of glorious snow and ambulation
    You need a blow torch, Ann.
    It will be a lot of fun.
    Last edited by renee; 12-02-2018 at 05:05 AM. Reason: Duh

12. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member renee's Avatar

The people of Braintalk are my reality check, thank you!

14. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillstANNding View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So frightening, Sunshine. What do you think caused it? I realize it could be “nothing” but note they stopped the IVIG for 45”. Was that thought to be a cause?

I hope you have an uneventful day. Music helps me. Classical is calming to me, some jazz. I realize that sound is an iffy thing for you.

Best to you,
    ANN
    I had one bad period of time during an IVIg infusion and they stopped the infusion while there was an assessment of what was happening. So that caution is Normal.

I have used Valium for muscle spasms for...well, for all the time! Years ago one emergency room doc gave me a shot of liquid Valium in my rump and the immediate relief was stunning. I use it whenever spasms are really bad. I know there are concerns about it but I do not have a problem.
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

16. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Cherie's Avatar

Valium is also my go-to for spasticity that I cannot work out. Don't use it often but it works well when I do.

18. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 626313233343536