Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ... 212627282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: OT November Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member

But from.then on. No. More.claws
    necessary...they've been helpful, supporting, humrrous.....And my old left-handed kicking in --look later me they're about 12 years old...

2. The following 7 users say "thanks"

So maybe tomorrow, certainly by wednesday,they're going to shipments out of here to a rehab place...built just 2 years ago, 15miles from home...And see if I can regain enough stability to get there.

I guess there are a few lives left in this old cat...

4. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Cherie's Avatar

I did something today I had not planned to do for another couple of years. I bought a new car. My younger daughter told me last year that when she paid off her car in a couple of years she would like mine. Well...hers failed inspection and needs over a thousand dollars of work to get it even close to passing and it has over 200,000miles on it. So she is getting my 2011 Prius with 58,000 miles on it on Friday. She is taking the train down from Boston, I will pick her up, sign it over to her and she will hopefully be back home before her kids get out of school. She says the train ride should give here enough time to write Sunday's sermon (she's an Episcopal priest). I have had cash set aside to buy another car for nearly a year now so went to two dealerships and ended up with a 2018 red Prius Prime Premium which can be fully electric. Posted mileage using electric and hybrid is 133 mpg and 54 mpg using just Hybrid. I got it at dealer cost minus a $3500 rebate from toyota with no trade in and no financing. Plus, since it is electric, we get a $4500 tax credit when we file our 2018 return. Oh...it has heated leather seats! I've never had that and would not have added that feature but I am sure it is lovely. Going to pick it up in the morning.

6. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member SuzE-Q's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Catdancer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So maybe tomorrow, certainly by wednesday,they're going to shipments out of here to a rehab place...built just 2 years ago, 15miles from home...And see if I can regain enough stability to get there.

I guess there are a few lives left in this old cat...
    Oh my goodness, what a terrible time of it you and TC had! But what a way to get good care out of it! You certainly proved that the squeaky wheel really DOES get greased! Hopefully it wasn't too hard on you emotionally and you and TC are feeling better now that you're getting good care. Good lessons on proper patient management for the young guy!

That's wonderful that you have a fancy rehab place reasonably near to home that can transition you back once you're discharged.

Sending lots of healing wishes in your direction!
    Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.

Per Mike Weins: "...the admin/mod team doesn't have to provide a forewarning/warning/mention about altering a members post. It doesn't matter if they fix a link, remove a link, fix a typo, or whatever...."

8. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member SuzE-Q's Avatar

Congrats on the new car, Cherie! Always fun to get new wheels, especially knowing you're helping the environment too.

A Christmas gift to yourself (and to your daughter!)

10. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Cat, I am glad that you are improving and well enough to go closer to home for rehab. Is that a rehab you’ve been to before? TC will be relieved to have you near.

Cheri, congratulations on your new car. Kind of you to pass yours on.

Peter flew to New Orleans today. Since he’s running this training meeting, they gave him a suite w an office, living room, bedroom and two bathrooms. It’s in the French Quarter. I wish I could be there.

Instead, I went for an annual mammogram. No fun in that. It took all my energy walking around the Brigham.

I hope the rest of you are well.
    ANN
    Last edited by stillstANNding; 11-26-2018 at 07:27 PM.
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

12. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Thumbs up

My nephew drives an electric, and took me somewhere. It's so weird riding in it. You run down the road, and all you hear is the tires contacting the road. Then when you stop at a light, it's absolutely silent. They have plenty of power, and good for the environment. I think that is the future of cars.
    Evolution spans the Universe.

14. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Cat, what an ordeal you have been going through. I hope you are on the road to recovery. At least it seems you are working your way closer to home. I wish they would feed at the rehab the way they do in the hospital.

I am looking forward to you getting back home and being with your precious cats and with TC of course. ENOUGH OF THIS is what I say!!!
    Virginia

16. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Cherie, congratulations on your new car. So glad you were able to get what you want and now your daughter gets what she wants also.

I rented a Prius one time when someone hit my car and it was in the shop. I really did enjoy driving it. It just scoots around town. How often will you have to get the battery changed?

Ann, so sorry Peter is in New Orleans having fun while you sit at home. Life is just not always fair is it?

I went to get hair cut and colored this afternoon, then I went to get some new batteries, then to Whole Foods for a BIG salad and a couple of other things. Yesterday I decided to watch a movie and my roku would not work right. I changed the batteries in it, but today I got new ones the same kind as the ones that came in it. Tonight after doing a little cleaning and eating my salad, I put the new batteries in and lo and behold it just came right on. I was so delighted that I just watched a movie on Amazon Prime right then. Maybe I'll get around to seeing what is on Netflix soon.
    Virginia

18. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Congratulations on the car deal, Cherie!

Catdancer, the rehab place sounds good--if it's new, it just might have all of the latest helpful technology right at their fingertips, right? I hope that the food there is just as good as the hospital's.

I can't think why more hospitals don't make a point of serving especially good food. Not cost effective, I'd guess.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

20. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ... 212627282930313233343536 LastLast