Thread: Need Help

Default Need Help

Hi,
    This is my first post here .Please let me know how can addiction on smoking can be stopped.Share your suggestions as soon as possible.

2. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member houghchrst's Avatar
    Blog Entries

We can go through the list of what you have tried so we can get an idea. I too am trying to quit, or I should say wanting to quit, the trying again will come soon. Any meds? I see you posted about ejuice and I do know people that switched over and eventually got down to zero nicotine and then quit.

4. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Welcome, Nancya!

I'm afraid I can't be much help in answering your question except to say that I've known plenty of people who've quit smoking, and so it can be done. My mother quit her lifelong smoking habit in her early 70s, and so did my brothers.

Some people think e-cigarettes are the best way now. Have you given vaping a try? You might want to look at this page from the Centers for Disease Control:

https://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/basic_in...ttes/index.htm
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

6. The following 2 users say "thanks"