MRA for small unruptured aneurysm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MRA for small unruptured aneurysm

I’ve had 2 unruptured aneurysms monitored for about 20 years with CTA’s. I’m going to have an MRA, but on a 1.5 Tesla rather than the 3T MRI because of the type of aneurysm clip I have. I’m concerned that it will not detect the very small aneurysms.

((((((JudyAnn)))))) ~

BACK TO BRAINTALK!

I noticed you've been a member since 2006, so welcome back.

I have no experience with aneurysms. My only thought is that you might discuss this concern with your physician, as well as the techs and radiologist performing the test. They should be able to answer your questions.

Hope it all goes well. Please come back and update us.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

Thanks so much Rose.

I was waiting for an answer from my doctor with the test date fast approaching. I didn't want to have to take two tests with contrast, had an extravasation once, really painful. The earlier studies had 1.5 tesla machines not identifying the smaller aneurysms. Luckily, I found a paper done on just this question a few months ago, and they found that the aneurysms could be evaluated accurately with the 1.5 tesla, and the doctor also answered the same.

I had a brain aneurysm rupture 20 years ago, and they found two small unruptured ones that have been monitored throughout the years. They have been stable, but knowing they can rupture at any time is unsettling.

Thanks so much. It was so nice to see your reply. My heart goes out to you and yours. You're all so strong, brave and loving.

Peace & love,

JudyAnn

Comment

((((((JudyAnn)))))) ~

Did you have the MRA, and did it detect your smaller aneurysms?

I can only try to imagine how having these aneurysms for 20 years causes you concern and worry. But I give thanks that they have remained stable and will pray that it continues to be so for you.

I wish that this forum was active, so that you could receive support from others, who understand your situation and can share their experiences. I feel sad, when members post in inactive forums and helpless, because I have no expertise in these conditions. All I can do is let you know that I care and send love and healing prayers to you.

Thank you so much for your kind comments about our family. Love is the power source for strength to endure whatever life tosses our way. A sense of humor is also quite helpful.

Please visit again and keep us updated, or just share whatever is on your mind or in your heart. I'll be here to support you.

Love & Light,

Rose
        Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

I hope you had good luck with your testing. I'm so sorry one aneurysm ruptured 20 yrs ago. Kevin Sorbo had an aneurysm and wrote about it in his book "True Strength" if you are interested.
          Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
          My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

Comment

Working...
          X