Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Howie?

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Howie?

I'm afraid Howie's area must have been hit by hurricane Michael. I sent him an e-mail hours ago and tried to call him now but recall that he often has his phone turned off. I found this about the storm, and it's been near him:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...=.4c4ac3f7c7d5

Hope you're OK, Howie!

That video of the storm makes it look like more of an adventure than anyone wants to have.
    Last edited by agate; 10-14-2018 at 11:26 AM.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

2. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Agate, definitely in Howie's vicinity. I didn't know they were hit so hard. I am just hoping his trailer and garage were not flooded. I do suspect he is without power. We had a cool day here yesterday and one today. Also, Friday was kind of cool. That would help him survive the heat, but the flooding and electricity are another thing.

I hope I am wrong, but I do think he would be without electricity. Hope his Sister can get to him. There is a possibility that she could not until maybe today.

Howie, we are concerned about you. Agate, (PI) thanks for posting this.
    Virginia

4. The following 5 users say "thanks"

I hope Howie is OK.

ANN
    Last edited by stillstANNding; 10-14-2018 at 01:18 PM.
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

6. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Howie)))))) ~

Sending prayers that you are okay. Hope you can check in soon.

agate ~ Do you know the city where Howie lives? Perhaps that would give a clue as to the impact of the storm on that city. His area code would give you an idea of the area in which he lives.

I hope he has his phone turned on, so that he can communicate, if he needs help.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad.

8. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

Oh man. If he lost power it might be awhile until he checks in

10. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Earth Mother 2 Angels View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ((((((Howie)))))) ~

Sending prayers that you are okay. Hope you can check in soon.

agate ~ Do you know the city where Howie lives? Perhaps that would give a clue as to the impact of the storm on that city. His area code would give you an idea of the area in which he lives.

I hope he has his phone turned on, so that he can communicate, if he needs help.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Rose, I have Howie's address and information about his sister as well. He's in the same county as the town near the North Carolina border mentioned in the article. He's about 7 miles from that bigger town and in the same county.

I've tried calling him but got only a recording. I have two numbers for him--tried both. I'll try again though.
    Last edited by agate; 10-14-2018 at 03:09 PM.

12. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

The town his sister is in has been hit hard as well. If I called her, I might just be intruding on an emergency situation where they need every phone line open. I'd be a nuisance caller. I don't think it would help any at this point to let them know that the MS message board Howie is on are concerned about him--since probably none of us could be of any practical help. We don't know the area or its resources or what kind of help they should be looking for.

If anyone feel strongly that I should call her, please say so, and I'll do it. That's just my opinion. Subject to change.

14. The following 4 users say "thanks"

She’s a very good sister. I’m sure she is looking out for him if she can. Also, the brother will be looking out for both of them.

I agree w giving it some time.

Still, I’ll be glad when we know.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

16. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Agate, I expect his Sister may have her own problems. She is also in that area though not right where Howie is. She might also be without power or she could have flooded. Wish we would hear from him.

Like Ann, I will be glad when we know something, but since the paper said all power should be restored by Monday maybe if we do not hear anything pretty soon after that, you might could call. I am worried about him, but also his trailer, garage and Pinky. If anything happened to Pinky it would really hurt Howie.

I think if he had power he would communicate with us. If they are without power they could not keep their cell phones charged, and I am pretty sure Howie's brother is calling both of them which would take up some battery time.
    Virginia

18. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

agate ~

I agree with you that phone calls are precious in a time of emergency, so it's probably best that you don't call.

And I agree with you, Virginia, that after power has been restored, it will take time to recharge phones, if they all have access to power. If their homes were damaged or under water, they won't have access to power there. They'd have to go to a shelter or somewhere safe, which has power.

What about texting? Does that take up as much battery power as a phone call? You could text Howie and his sister, and when their phones are recharged, they'll know that we're concerned for them. But they won't have to engage in phone conversation. They could just text you back with their details.

It's worth a try?

Praying that Howie, his sister and brother and friends and neighbors are okay.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad.

20. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast