Thread: Howie?

Distinguished Community Member

Texting is a great idea.
    ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

2. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Rose, I'm not adept at texting. I did a couple of texts some years ago just to make sure it worked. It works but on my phone it's not at all easy.

In a case like this, a possible emergency situation, I'd feel more comfortable not trying to text anything. But just now I sent his sister a message via Facebook. Even though she's not a FB friend of mine, she's on Howie's list of FB friends, and about a year ago I tried sending her a message, and it did work--she replied.

So if she has online access, she'll probably get the message and might even reply. Her town was hit hard as I said, and if she wasn't personally affected, she might be busy helping others who were. I'll be watching for a response. She's very nice, BTW. The other times I've contacted her were when Howie found himself in a rehab center and we didn't know he'd fallen, and another time when his computer was on the fritz.
    Last edited by agate; 10-14-2018 at 10:19 PM.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

4. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Agate, thanks for doing this!
    Virginia

6. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Before I registered here, Howie was here. I believe he was Howard then, and there were some different cats, but I feel as if I know Pinky personally by now. We can't have Howie--or Pinky for that matter, and certainly not Sam--getting blown away in some hurricane or trying to swim around in some flooded town. (Not sure how Sam would do with the swimming.)

If any of this is happening, we need to know about it and do whatever we can to help. Not sure how much we can do but at least we're a bunch of clucking hens who can do more clucking than usual.

8. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Called a neighbor who has a brother in Danville, Va. They finally got power back just yesterday. Her brother says Danville is a mess and will take months to get it cleaned up. He said all the hotels and motels are full because people are moving into them in order to have power. I think the eye passed right over them. Her brother and his family are alright.

Anyway, Howie would not be very far from there. He definitely got hit. Just hope he is alright. I know he was expecting heavy rains like we got here where I live, but he was not expecting this. We are counting on his Sister to get to him. His food would have gone bad, and no turkey for Sam.

Lets all try to focus our thoughts, and send Howie and Sam some good vibes today. I just know he will be in contact when he can. He knows us hens!

Agate, I hope his Sister gets power and checks her FB page.
    Virginia

10. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

He's OK! His sister sent a message. He's been without power, and she says it may be a few more days before it's restored because they're restoring power to people based on how many people are affected in each person's area, and he's in an area where only 6 people were affected.

12. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

What a relief! Thanks agate

14. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Thanks, Agate, for keeping on top of this! I'm glad to hear that he is OK, but without power. Trailers are no place to be in a heavy wind storm, much less than a hurricane or tornado. Around here, where there are tornadoes, we call them "tornado magnets", as they seem to be the first destroyed when a tornado hits them.

16. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

So glad to hear that Howie is okay. I wonder how he's managing without power. Unable to cook, and his fridge food might be spoiling. Can't watch TV. I hope his power is restored soon.

Thanks agate for following up and keeping us informed.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad.

18. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Pegakafarmgirl's Avatar

thanks Mizz Joanie, for always looking out for us,, and with Howie,its a full time job !! lol
    " Don't outsmart your common sense"

Peg

20. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast