Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good afternoon all! It's been a while since I was last on a forum page. Last one was CranioKids.org That's been a few years. Thanks to the world of Facebook and stuff, forums are hard to find these days. Good to see this one so active.

Anyway, I'm a mom of two living children and one angel. Been married 14 1/2 years almost. Both of my children but especially my son are why I research so much about neuro stuff.

My daughter has Bicoronal Craniosynostosis, Muenke Syndrome, Hearing Loss, Asthma, Chronic Headaches, Acquired ADHD , Visual perception & spacial Disorder, Mild neurocognitive disorder disorder NOS brain damage/issues with that, Memory disorder, Frontal Lobe & Executive Function Deficit.
    My son has as of June 2018 been diagnosed with: Multi-suture craniosynostosis & Muenke Syndrome, Developmental Delays, Chiari Malformation, Platybasia, Basilar Invagination, Syringomyelia, 1q44 deletion along with a few other microarray changes, Hypotonia, an unspecified connective-tissue disorder, hypoglycemia, focal epilepsy, encephalomalacia and ADEM.

I look forward to getting to know more of you and sharing stories.

Welcome to BrainTalk (BT), CranioChiariMom!

I'm so happy you have found our forum family.

If you have any questions as to how to use the forums, you may pm me or use the "Moderator Connection" forum.

We have a wonderful Child Neurology forum, which you can access by clicking on the following link: Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register.... There is also a thread at the top of every forum which says "Archives". You could scan the thread titles there and see if any previous members have had problems similar to the ones you are dealing.

I am sure more members will drop by to welcome you soon!

Moderator #7

Comment

Sorry, we also deal with hypothyroid. Forgot that one.... It's not Hashimotos at this point but without meds, his TSH is really high.

Comment

Welcome, CranioChiariMom!

I am usually on the MS board but noticed your thread. Yes, message boards have had a dwindling supply of people in recent years but we're still here.
        SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

I can understand how things dwindle down yet sometimes it's nice to see the "old school" still vs everything being on Facebook.

Comment

Message boards make a conversation easier than Facebook, I think, if a person is looking for more detailed information. Also, since a message board often consists of a group of people who "know" one another, an effort is made at keeping the discussion from getting chaotic.
            SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

I agree with that. Besides, Facebook looks like a whole, where everyone writes and no one reads.

Comment

Working...
              X