Thread: Newbie

New Community Member

Cool Newbie

Good afternoon all! It's been a while since I was last on a forum page. Last one was CranioKids.org That's been a few years. Thanks to the world of Facebook and stuff, forums are hard to find these days. Good to see this one so active.

Anyway, I'm a mom of two living children and one angel. Been married 14 1/2 years almost. Both of my children but especially my son are why I research so much about neuro stuff.

My daughter has Bicoronal Craniosynostosis, Muenke Syndrome, Hearing Loss, Asthma, Chronic Headaches, Acquired ADHD , Visual perception & spacial Disorder, Mild neurocognitive disorder disorder NOS brain damage/issues with that, Memory disorder, Frontal Lobe & Executive Function Deficit.
    My son has as of June 2018 been diagnosed with: Multi-suture craniosynostosis & Muenke Syndrome, Developmental Delays, Chiari Malformation, Platybasia, Basilar Invagination, Syringomyelia, 1q44 deletion along with a few other microarray changes, Hypotonia, an unspecified connective-tissue disorder, hypoglycemia, focal epilepsy, encephalomalacia and ADEM.

I look forward to getting to know more of you and sharing stories.

2. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Welcome to BrainTalk (BT), CranioChiariMom!

I'm so happy you have found our forum family.

If you have any questions as to how to use the forums, you may pm me or use the "Moderator Connection" forum.

We have a wonderful Child Neurology forum, which you can access by clicking on the following link: http://braintalkcommunities.org/foru...hild-Neurology. There is also a thread at the top of every forum which says "Archives". You could scan the thread titles there and see if any previous members have had problems similar to the ones you are dealing.

I am sure more members will drop by to welcome you soon!

Moderator #7
    Moderator #7

It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people whose posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
    Step 2 - click on the "settings" link
    Step 3 - click on the "edit ignore list" link on the left side of the screen
    Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore
    Step 5 - click the "ok" button on the right of the screen

One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

4. The following 3 users say "thanks"

New Community Member

Sorry, we also deal with hypothyroid. Forgot that one.... It's not Hashimotos at this point but without meds, his TSH is really high.

6. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Welcome, CranioChiariMom!

I am usually on the MS board but noticed your thread. Yes, message boards have had a dwindling supply of people in recent years but we're still here.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

8. The following 2 users say "thanks"

New Community Member

I can understand how things dwindle down yet sometimes it's nice to see the "old school" still vs everything being on Facebook.

10. The following user says "thanks"