Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: OT October Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

If they do, it's behind my back!
    Evolution spans the Universe.

2. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

You need to condition it a lot so it will be shiny and swingy like mine is today.
    Virginia

4. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Cherie's Avatar

We are meeting again with the financial planner tomorrow to reinforce the plan that was recommended 2 months ago at our last meeting. David is sick about the loss.

6. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

Of course youíre both sick about it. Letís see what the planner recommends.....Something like that happened to me and it turned out to be a better thing in the long run but it sure looked bad in the short run.

The counters are all on the cabinets now. The generator was installed. Moving will be between Thanksgiving and xmas depending on the CO and the subs speed. Have started boxing stuff up a year ago. All the low priority stuff is in about 25 boxes. Just now boxed up family photos, medical records which will stay at fingertips just in case.

Luckily we lost half of our belongings in 2004 with Hurricane Jeanne. Or it wouldíve been a nightmare! The new house is next door, so we can move lots of our stuff over the span of a week or so. Movers will do the heavy boxes and furniture. Can put house on market when itís almost but not fully empty.

8. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Cherie, I am sure both you and David are aware that yesterday was really bad for the stock market. I am not sure what it is doing today, but I think it might be swinging. Maybe it is not as bad as it seems. I hope that much of it is paper loss. I know that is bad, but not as bad as having that much of your actual money go.
    Virginia

10. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Sunshine, we were posting at same time. Wondering if you like your new counter tops and cabinets.
    Virginia

12. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

I like the cabinets. I will see the counters in morning, as I need DH to help me into the house cuz I can’t lifter wheelchair in or out of the car.

Also, tomorrow will measure me in the actual chair to be sure the counter is set low enough for sink and cooktop.

14. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Ann, have you made a decision about going to your Mom's this week-end? When you are up to it let us know how you are feeling and if there are new developments.
    Virginia

16. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Hi Virginia and all. I was feeling much better in the early part of the day. I was up twice last night w stomach problems and then up at seven for a cardiac stress test. Fortunately, we have a hospital, Faulkner, five minutes away. I went there. Very competent but friendly staff. That went fine.

In the afternoon, Peter went back to work. My PMD called me from home. There is ďa small areaĒ that is not getting blood. I did Not have a heart attack, this is not an emergency. I need to do 3 thing: take a beta-blocker ( already on one); take a cholesterol lowering drug (on one of those, too) and start taking baby aspirin. He thinks it would be a good idea to see a cardiologist so that I have one. I picked the one who did the test.

RE: liver, we are waiting for the hemochromatosis dna test. RE: stomach, he forgot to order the h pylori test. Next time I have liver enzymes done to see if they are still falling, he will add that and an Epstein-Barr panel. The mono spot was negative.

Three areas of concern. And this afternoon my stomach was a mess again. We are changing the timing of the omeprazole and adding Gaviscon liquid in the middle of the night if I need it.

Still donít know if we are going but doc says I can make the decision on how I feel and take a week off testing. Iíd like to go.

ANN
    Last edited by stillstANNding; 10-12-2018 at 06:37 PM.
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

18. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member nuthatch's Avatar

Ann, sorry to read you are going through all this. Haven't you been on one of the MS drugs for years? Aren't the doctors concerned that it could be a reason for the liver issue? All drugs are hard on the liver but doctors seem to want to pile on more and more.
    Hope you get to the bottom of this soon.
    Hugs,
    Joan

20. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast