Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast

Thread: OT October Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member

Ann, yes of course I am kidding about the cats. I know you are a great cat Mommy! However, if I am hungover from what I am taking, I do wonder what they feel like. Do they sleep a lot after they have had the drug?

Last night I went to bed thinking that I would not sleep because of yesterday's nap, but I slept until 8:20 this morning. One other problem so far with this drug is that I am lazy. I don't really care if I do anything or not. I hate that feeling. While I was sleeping yesterday I was in a chair in my living room and I had a mobile phone on a table beside me. I saw way late last night as I was going to bed that I had a message. It was my next door neighbor and she was concerned about something she had seen around my house. I am normally a light sleeper and no way could a phone ring next to me or even in the room with me without me waking. Well, I slept right through it. When I saw that message had come through about 5:10P.M. I was shocked. I feel sure my body will adjust, but I hope it is soon. Pain is still present from singles on my face, so I guess it will get better when I have had more of the medicine.

Edited to add: Sunshine MMJ is not legal in NC. With our legislature it probably never will be. Need to get rid of them.
    Last edited by Virginia; 10-06-2018 at 06:50 AM.
    Virginia

2. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Virginia, they do not go to sleep. Jack is 8.5 pounds and gets 100mg in a tasty pill pocket. Lily getís 50 mg in butter.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

4. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

That’s concerning Virginia. Can you call neuro and ask if you can cut back dose and tell him what happened. It could be dangerous.

6. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Sunshine, I want to give it another day or two and see if things get a little better.

Ann has really tough cats!!!!

Howie, Sam sent me some cooler weather today. Give her an extra hug!
    Virginia

8. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

I will Virginia. I've been asking her for days, but she always said she was too busy.
    Evolution spans the Universe.

10. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member SuzE-Q's Avatar

Virginia, I'm a little worried about your side effects too.

I've had that kind of side effect from other meds, and it was definitely not normal. That stumbling dopeyness can be dangerous, especially if you're so drugged you don't hear the phone right next to you. I've fallen into large pieces of furniture because I was so drugged and unsteady. I never took the med again.

I've taken up to 1,600 mg of gabapentin, then weaned back off after about a month or two and within a couple weeks because it wasn't helping. It made me slightly sleepy, but nothing like what you're experiencing, even at that high a dose. But still, it was nowhere near the upper limit either. I had zero problems with that med, but it also didn't help.

IMO, I'd ask for a different med. It doesn't work for everyone, and it's only off label use for pain anyway. I was told it was hit or miss. It did nothing for any of my neuro pain. I had no problems whatsoever tapering off it either.

Any follow up to the call about something strange your neighbor thought was going on?

ANN, so very glad nothing showed irregular with your liver. I've had my liver enzymes shoot up once after taking a different antibiotic. No idea why, but I stopped it right away. I also take milk thistle...it really works to help the liver!

Howie, have you been showing off your new tshirts at the grocery store? Any comments from any of the regulars there?
    Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.

Per Mike Weins: "...the admin/mod team doesn't have to provide a forewarning/warning/mention about altering a members post. It doesn't matter if they fix a link, remove a link, fix a typo, or whatever...."

12. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Cat, hope TC is enjoying his vacation. Hope you feel better soon.

Cherie, you too. I'm so sorry about DH's amyloid plaques, but, I guess it's good that he's officially in the study. I hope the treatment is a success and he's on the real thing. Please take care of yourself too. Could you tell me about your cataract surgery, how easy or difficult it was? Thanks. Was it necessary due to steroid use, do you think? Will they come back? Did surgery correct your vision?

Sunshine, did you have any other symptoms in addition to the high bp? Were you knocked out by the ativan drip?

Howie, was it a bit unnerving buying that insurance, or just good to get it done and over with? Did you add it to your Will so people are aware of the policy?

Hi Jeanie and agate! Hi Linda, nuthatch and everyone else too! I think I've come down with a BK illness as well, it's contagious! Will the doctor increase my benzos for the condition, I wonder?
    Last edited by SuzE-Q; 10-06-2018 at 09:53 AM.

14. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

SuzE-Q, the folks at the grocery store are used to seeing me in a new shirt all the time. I have one ordered right now, and could be in the mailbox now, but I won't check it until Monday.

I have my final expenses policy, and my will in my safe in a large envelope. I'll tell my brother when I talk to him this weekend. I also have gold which will go to him to cover any loose ends. I'll always have Pinky which he can sell. He's covered!
    Evolution spans the Universe.

16. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Suze-Q, I think gabapentin is the med they prefer to use for shingles because they say it heals the nerves. That is why I am trying to stay on it. I have looked everything up and I think the side effects for me are worse because it is interacting with another med that I have been on for years. I can not stop that one. I will try to tough it out and see if the side effects get better with a little time.

Nothing going on in the neighborhood. My neighbor saw two police cars in my parking lot, but she pretty much knew I was alright because there was no ambulance. They just set there for awhile talking to each other and moved on. We seldom see police vehicles in this neighborhood unless they are accompanied by an ambulance so I can understand her concern, and it was appreciated. However, I just slept right through it.

I wonder if TC will be back tomorrow or Monday. Hope he enjoys his last trip of the season. Surprised Cat didn't use this time to throw some things away that he would not miss.
    Virginia

18. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Glad nothing serious was going on in your neighborhood!

Here's some other possibilities if gabapentin is not working for you, Virginia (interesting that antidepressants are on the list!):

"Shingles can cause severe pain, so your doctor also may prescribe:

Capsaicin topical patch (Qutenza)
    Anticonvulsants, such as gabapentin (Neurontin)
    Tricyclic antidepressants, such as amitriptyline
    Numbing agents, such as lidocaine, delivered via a cream, gel, spray or skin patch
    Medications that contain narcotics, such as codeine
    An injection including corticosteroids and local anesthetics"

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...t/drc-20353060

20. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast