Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

Thread: OT October Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Cherie, the amyloid deposits found for David probably aren't striking you as good news but at least he can be in the trial. I hope that things will go well for him--and for your health problems too.

The acceptable HbA1C level for Type 2 diabetes was raised recently but you probably are aware of that.

https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/...-2018032613452

ANN, that is such a relief about your good test results!!! Hope you'll be able to start feeling better without having anything seriously wrong.

Good health is indeed something people take for granted but shouldn't.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

2. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

ANN ~

So relieved for you that your test results were good. I will pray that the source of your symptoms is easily treatable. In addition to milk thistle, you might try increasing your water intake to flush your liver.

CAT ~

Hope your yeast infection clears soon.

Cherie ~

You sure have a full plate. May the antibiotics kick the UTI quickly. I will pray that David's journey is successful and minimally stressful for both of you.

Virginia ~

If the dizziness continues, I suggest you call your doctor. Gabapentin was originally introduced (as Neurontin) to control seizures. Treating nerve pain was an afterthought. When I was concerned about Jim possibly having peripheral neuropathy from chemo, his then-doctor said that she'd prescribe Neurontin. Jim and I weren't too keen on that prospect, as we knew a little bit about it as a potential drug to control Michael's seizures. At that time, it had just been introduced. We weren't inclined to experiment with Michael.

Every drug has potential side effects. It's a risk/benefit situation every time we take anything. But if you continue to be dizzy, it probably would be best not to increase your dose, until you've checked with your doctor. I worry about you falling (actually, I worry about that for everyone, including me!).

Sending healing prayers and positive energy to everyone ~

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad.

4. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Cherie's Avatar

Thanks Agate. Yes, I am aware. My PCP and I have been dialoguing back and forth for three days on this and I sent him the link to the guidelines you have posted above.

6. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

So far I do not like this drug I am on. I went in the living room and set down about 3:30 to 4:00 I think (not exactly sure what time it was). I woke up at 7:20. It was dark in the room. When I got up to turn the lights on I staggered. It could have been from sleeping, I don't know. Luckily I found a frozen dinner in the fridge and that is what I had for supper. I definitely will not sleep tonight. Now I understand why Howie gets his days and nights mixed up.

Rose, I probably will wait to increase this dose until I feel I have completely adjusted. I read up on the drug and I knew it was Neurontin - which for some reason had a bad connotation for me. It might be a really good drug, but I don't know where I got that idea. Howie likes it and I think Ann just takes it occasionally. I can't remember for sure but it seems to me that Gary was on this drug and had to up it a lot. Right now I am on 200mg per day and you can take up to 3600mg per day I think. So I am low dose, but we respond to things differently. My PCP wants me on 300mg and my Opthamologist wants me on 400mg. We'll see.
    Virginia

8. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

Don't be silly Virginia, everyone knows it's Tuesday!!!
    Evolution spans the Universe.

10. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Ann’s scaredy-cats take it to go to the vet.
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

12. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Cherie's Avatar

I read an article a few days ago on MedPageToday which said that Neurontin (gabapentin) and Lyrica were also found to be as over prescribed and addictive as opioids. We are people with a chronic and progressive illness who suffer from nerve pain and we are being singled out along with the irreputable users of opioid pain medication. Do not take this seriously or personally. Stand your ground if these medications are helping you to manage your symptoms.

14. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Cherie, with the shingles I don't know what choice I have. I need for the nerves to heal. Maybe they can wean me off this small dose if I am able to stay on it. However, they do intend that I remain on it for several months.

Howie, it is not Tuesday, I know for sure it is Monday afternoon at almost 12:45. So there!

I feel sorry for Ann's cats - Ann have you considered that maybe they are mean because you give them controlled substance drugs? Makes me mad too!
    Virginia

16. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Hi, Virginia. I know you jest. The cats, especially Jack, are scared, more than usual. I think it’s a kindness to medicate them a few hours before the visit. The vets have thanked me, too.

There is progress with Jack. I am now able to pick him up and hold him. He tenses some and then relaxes. It doesn’t work every time but we are working it out. He loves to have his head rubbed.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

18. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

Oh man Virginia. If you think the Neurontin is important for healing, I guess just plan for the side effects to minimize a secondary side effect from the impact of the first side effect. You don’t want to become dizzy or disoriented and then fall or hit a tree with car. I think MMJ is legal in N.C. I wonder if shingles pain is a qualifying disgnosis for it.

Cherie, amyloid plaques. That’s pretty sobering to see it in black and white. You both have been hit hard. We are here for you.

Ann, so glad to hear about the news. And the relief in your voice.

20. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast