Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: OT October Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Thumbs up

Virginia, I take 6 Gabapentin a day, and have for years. I've seen no bad effects, and will take it all my life.

I'll talk to Sam, but I can't promise anything.
    Evolution spans the Universe.

2. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

I am sorry to see so many of us ailing! The liver issue seems very worrisome. I hope they can figure out what's wrong and get it fixed!

I am recovering from a yeast infection. That's pretty uncomfortable, but seems to be healing. And I'm due for a Cath change...that's always fun.

TC is off on his last camping of the season. He won't be home until Monday. Quiet around here! Except for TabbyGrey, who makes a racket in the morning, looking for breakfast, which can't happen until my visiting nurse comes at 8 am

Otherwise so is good around here..

4. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

Ann, Please let us know what happens. We all are here for you and rooting for you.

(Are you on meds that can be creating these liver issues? That’s my first thought....)

6. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Cat, I hope that the yeast infection is going away and that the visiting nurse showed up.

Feel better, everyone who is under the weather!
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

8. The following 5 users say "thanks"

We went to the sono today. They decided to do whole abdomen instead. First there was the resident, then the ultasonographer. They took many, many pictures. Then they left me to talk with an attending. I was having very black thoughts while they were gone

The doctor, Dr Carol Benson, was very pleasant and upbeat. She had seen the pictures but wanted a better look. She hunted around and then declared that everything looked good and healthy and that the liver was normal and normal sized!

Hallelujah! I went there thinking it might be a before/after day. That I might be having chemo or surgery or both. I am so grateful for health! And for Dr. B for telling me and not making me wait.

On the way home I got an email that all of the hepatitis tests were non-reactive. Thank God.

We still have to figure out what is going on but it does not seem to be cancer or hepatitis.

Thank you for holding my hand.
    ANN (blow kiss)
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

10. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Ann, this does sound much better, but as you said, you still have to find out what is going on. We will be here waiting to hear.

Howie, I know you take six gabapentin a day, but I am very sensitive to medicine and also I do not want to get hooked on this med. It is a controlled substance. I took one this morning and I am dizzy. I am going to try to work up to 3 a day by Sunday or Monday, but I do not like it. I feel strange, however there is nothing else that I can do. The pain is near intolerable at times and he seems to feel that if I stay on this that the nerve will heal. By the way, when you were falling a while back, it could have been from this medicine and not blood pressure problems. One of the side effects is dizziness. I do not want to get to a point that I cannot drive. I've got to be able to drive by Wednesday and then again on Friday. Important appointments - such as hair and nails.
    Virginia

12. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Cherie's Avatar

ANN,
    Whew! Grateful those bullets were dodged. Hoping you get answers soon. My PCP recommended Milk Thistle when my enzymes went up a few years ago and it kept them normal range while I was on interferons but if I tapered back they rose again. There are some good placebo controlled clinical trials that showed them lowering enzymes in hepatitis, cirrhosis and liver injuries. Should be taken twice daily at a maximum daily dose of 1200 mg. What worked best for me was 500 mg twice a day. I took Nature's Bounty 250 mg capsules (2) each time. CVS.

Doc is treating me for UTI hoping to get blood sugars and urine protein down. First dose of antibiotic an hour ago. He also wants me to go on Trulicity, a weekly injectable that I do not think Medicare covers. I could not tolerate Metformin (chronic diarrhea and low potassium) and this class of drug is like Metformin only more potent.

Update on David: We went up yesterday to Memory and Aging and were told that he does have more than average Amyloid deposits in his brain and qualifies for the Clinical Trial so his infusions start on the 24th and we go up for his baseline trial visit on the 17th. He is almost beside himself about the long term picture. We have another layer of financial planning to attend to in the very near future.

14. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

Well I can understand that. Hair and nails ranks right up there with putting on a fresh thong each day!
    Evolution spans the Universe.

16. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Cherie, sorry to hear about David’s amyloid volume. I understand being anxious and having dark thoughts. I hope he gets the real drug.

I’m glad you have started the abx. Sorry about the Trulicity.

Thank you for reminding me about milk thistle. I now remember that you had good results with that.

Hi Howie!

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

18. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Cherie, hope the antibiotics clear up some of your problems. Sorry about the Amyloid deposits that David has, and yet this may get him the real medicine and not the placebo. I really hope he does get the real stuff and that it helps him a lot. I know both of you must have a lot of anxiety.
    Virginia

20. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast