Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 123456781333 ... LastLast

Thread: OT October Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

Cherie, please let us know what doc thinks. We will hold our breath in the meantime.

Yesterday’s IVIG was hard—
    4 hours into the8 hour infusion, my blood pressure spiked up from the usual 95-110 to 158. Nurse stopped infusion and called doc. Was told to give Ativan IV and wait an hour. If still high, no infusion . If normal, start the infusion again .

So it came down to 110. All in all, it took 9.5 hours instead of 8... don’t know why that happened.
    Last edited by Sunshine; 10-04-2018 at 04:42 AM.

2. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

Sunshine, it's a good thing that nurse was on the ball, and got a doctor. It could have been worse.

I just made another store run to get all the stuff I forgot yesterday. Now I'm set until next week, then I do it all again.
    Evolution spans the Universe.

4. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Sunshine, so sorry you had a rough infusion day. I hope that doesn't happen again. I just wonder why.

Howie, she is still at it I've got to go to eye doctor this afternoon and it is going to be in 90s. I dread going out.
    Virginia

6. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

About the weather, maybe Sam hasn't had enough of the sliced turkey.

Too bad that you have to go out in the heat, Virginia. Weather forecasts can be so very wrong--maybe you'll be lucky and this will be one of those times when they're wrong.

Yesterday I spent about an hour waiting around for a flu shot that never happened. A local RiteAid sends someone over to do flu shots for this building if enough people sign up. I did that last year, and it worked OK, but this year there were 15 of us waiting around for the RiteAid person who never showed up. It's really too bad. One neighbor who was waiting for her shot is a woman over 90 who recently was seriously ill with the flu, and it turned into pneumonia.

They're supposed to be coming back on Friday but I have a doctor's appointment that day and can't very well cancel it. I'll try to get the flu shot when I see my regular doctor in mid-November. I've heard that it's better to get the shot later in the season because it will be more apt to last through the flu season.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

8. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

I just bought a Final Expenses policy. Plus, I already have a Living Will, and a Will. Now all I have to do is die!
    Evolution spans the Universe.

10. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by agate View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    About the weather, maybe Sam hasn't had enough of the sliced turkey.

Too bad that you have to go out in the heat, Virginia. Weather forecasts can be so very wrong--maybe you'll be lucky and this will be one of those times when they're wrong.

Yesterday I spent about an hour waiting around for a flu shot that never happened. A local RiteAid sends someone over to do flu shots for this building if enough people sign up. I did that last year, and it worked OK, but this year there were 15 of us waiting around for the RiteAid person who never showed up. It's really too bad. One neighbor who was waiting for her shot is a woman over 90 who recently was seriously ill with the flu, and it turned into pneumonia.

They're supposed to be coming back on Friday but I have a doctor's appointment that day and can't very well cancel it. I'll try to get the flu shot when I see my regular doctor in mid-November. I've heard that it's better to get the shot later in the season because it will be more apt to last through the flu season.
    They do not recommend waiting until November . They recommend getting it Now. And also, remember that it takes two weeks to work. I would do everything I could to get it now.

12. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Cherie, please let us know how you are as you are able.

Sunshine, any idea why they use Ativan to bring down blood pressure in that situation? That must have been uncomfortable, sitting around in a chair for over nine hours.

I am sick. I’ve been sick for a while. I forced myself to go to my anniversary lunch on Saturday. I have a group of symptoms that don’t make sense. I got a cancelled spot with my internist yesterday. He called today to say that my liver enzymes are in the 200’s. I had to go back for more blood tests today including hepatitis tests. Tomorrow is a liver sono. Next week is a cardiac stress test. I’m scared.

I was doing so well with increased strength and endurance, now this. Please say a prayer for me or think positive thoughts.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

14. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Keeping you in my thoughts, ANN! I hope the tests won't be painful or unpleasant--and that turn up a problem that's easily treatable. Meanwhile I hope you have some soothing activities or methods of relaxing to see you through this.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

16. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Ann, prayers will be said. I am so sorry you are sick. Please keep us informed regarding the test. I hope whatever this is can be easily treated and that you will get well very soon. I am concerned.

I went to eye doctor today. He didn't find anything much. He says just the pain I am having from shingles. He says it could last months. I told him I hoped it would not be this intense for that long. He said that eye is irritated and red. I have not upped my gabapentin since my doctor gave it to me. She recommended that I do so and take 3 a day. I have stayed on 1 at night. I know that people have a hard time coming off this medicine sometime and I didn't want to do that. But eye doctor today was wanting me not only to up it to 3 but to take an extra one at bedtime, which would make 4. He said that nerve needs to calm down and heal. So I will start trying to take more tomorrow.

I am really upset with Sam - it was hot out today and the sick side of my face is the side that the sun hits when I am driving. Howie, tell her to knock it off with this weather she is manipulating.
    Virginia

18. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar

Smile

:) Praying for you Ann. Virginia you too. I hope you both get better quick. Jeanie :)

20. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 123456781333 ... LastLast