Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 525303132333435

Thread: OT October Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member

First one to go in this house needs to be that witch that is flying around on a broom. She has to be pretty brave to fly through the air on a broom.
    Virginia

2. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

Now THAT has the perfect look of a haunted house. Let's go, but you enter first!
    Last edited by Howie; 10-31-2018 at 03:20 PM.
    Evolution spans the Universe.

4. The following 3 users say "thanks"

I bought candy, have had my porch light on all night and no trick or treaters. I think it is about time for it to be over. I might just go wash my face and get ready to relax awhile before bed. I was looking forward to having a few trick or treaters tonight, but now I have a bag of candy to get rid of. Next year I just might not buy them any candy.
    Virginia

6. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar

Smile

:) I am with you Virginia. Last year we had about 40 kids. I bought tootsie pops and blow pops and filled a big bowl and put it out by the door with a note saying I could not come to the door but to take 2 or 3 pieces of candy. Also that I could see their costumes on my cameras.

I have had all the lights on and even a skeleton and a lighted pumpkin. I have not had ANY trick or treaters at all. Now I stuck with about 1000 pieces of candy. Next year I am not going to bother.

Happy Halloween everyone! Jeanie :)

8. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

Jeanie, that means you can have 3 pieces a day for a year, 4 on special days.
    Evolution spans the Universe.

10. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Smile

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

We used to make a big deal out of Halloween. Jim and I would dress up in costumes. I was a witch, or a princess, or a flapper. Jim was a pirate, or a mummy, or a chimney sweeper.

Our porch is covered, and we placed black trash bags on the sides to make a "hall" with fake spiders and bats hanging down from the rafters. Lawn decorations of ghosts greeted the children as the walked up to the hall. We played a tape of spooky sounds and music as the children approached the hall. When they walked through the entrance, we switched on the light, and one of us would be standing there. "BOO!"

One year, I dressed in scrubs with a surgical cap and a stethoscope and handed out toothbrushes, toothpaste, and sugar free juice boxes. We got some odd looks from the children then. I told them, "Your parents will thank me."

Then, life intervened, and our porch went dark and remains so on Halloween. I still decorate inside in Jon's and Michael's rooms.

In our area, trick or treaters go to parties on Halloween. It's safer.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad.

12. The following 6 users say "thanks"

We also had no trick or treaters. Two bags were of Kit Kats going to Peter’s office.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

14. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by agate View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ANN, good news that your weight is holding steady!

Hope you at least like the Ensure and Orgain. They come in quite a variety of flavors, don't they?

It's also comforting that you already knew the gastroenterologist--and that she is nice. I'm starting to cheer up and hope that they'll find out what's wrong--and fix it.
    I Have been drinking the vanilla flavor of Ensure for a few years. I use it when I am routinely having esophageal spasms. Actually I still spasm when I am drinking liquids but it is easier to monitor. My neurologist suggested it When I had the first months of these spasms I lost a lot of weight. Since that time my spasms of the esophagus only come and hang around for a few days at a time.
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

16. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

When I had dysphasia last year, liquids wer hard to get down, but, for some reasons, apples were the easiest— puréed food was a no no...go figure

18. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 525303132333435