Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Instacart

Distinguished Community Member

Thanks for the update Agate. At least I know it is there when I need it, but if I am out and think I can do it I like to go for myself. I am trying to keep a grocery list on my iPhone, but I am finding that I still leave things off and then see something in the store that reminds me that I want that item.

Instacart is a great service. So glad that someone came up with that idea. It gives so many of us a little peace of mind.
    Virginia

2. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

They send me an e-mail asking for a rating, and I was able to give that experience 5 stars with comments about how excellent it was. I want to encourage these people.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

Yes, and I am sure it gets back to the shoppers, so that is also very good. I admire these people who go out and do other people's grocery shopping. If it was just cans or boxes of stuff it would not be bad, but just think of the people they have to please with fresh produce.
    Virginia

5. The following 6 users say "thanks"

I sent grocery list in to Instacart Thursday. I had 16 items. Groceries were 85.65. There was delivery fee of 3.99, a service fee of 4.28 and a tip of 4.28. It seemed odd that the service fee and the tip were exactly the same. I gave a rating of 5 thumbs up. The girl doing the shopping and delivering was very nice. She substituted one item because the one I ordered was not in good shape and she said she just did not want to bring it to me. I was glad she did that. She was in and out in just a couple of minutes. It was so hot and I could look at her and tell it.
    Virginia

7. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

Thats a good review Virginia.
    I suppose the day may come when I will need it. Being more rural, the local store just started delivery, but its very pricey : Every item is marked up, and then there is a huge $25 delivery fee (plus tip).

WalMart is local and you can schedule a time to come by and pick up, but right now, it is not drive through... And I donít like their fresh foods.

9. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

agate & Virginia ~

I'm so glad that you're using Instacart and having success with it.

I order on our computer, because we have an antique, tiny cell phone. I told Instacart at the beginning that I will be using my land line and the computer. They still post a message on my orders requesting my mobile number. I just close that window and proceed with shopping.

Once a shopper has been assigned, there is a box located on the right side of the list, where I can leave messages for my shopper. I always start with: "Hi (name)! Thanks for shopping for me!" That sets up a friendly relationship with the shopper and opens the door to messages, while s/he is shopping.

This means that I need to be close to the computer for about an hour, while the shopping is ongoing. But, that works out okay for me, since I plan for that communication.

If you receive something you don't want, or produce, which isn't fresh, or a product past its expiration date, you can tell Instacart and get a refund on that item. I haven't had that problem, but I would write it in the comments box for the rating, if it did.

Sunshine ~

Amazon now delivers from your local Whole Foods. Might that be an option for you?

Is Instacart unavailable to you, because of your rural location?

I don't know what I would have done without Instacart this past 18 months. And now our favorite store for vegan/vegetarian items is available through Instacart. Our needs are being met, and I don't have to be on my feet, lift heavy bags into/out of our van, or be away from Jim for a couple of hours. And since I shop at 4 different groceries, it's just such a blessing not to have to do that anymore.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. Now, they watch over Jim and me.

11. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

I happened to be browsing at the CVS Website because Walgreen's, where I usually order nonrx pharmacy items, wasn't operating well today, and noticed that CVS offers home delivery of rx's using Instacart. Might be something worth trying for anyone who is unable to get to a pharmacy.

This is what it says:

Need something in a hurry? Have it delivered in as little as an hour with Instacart.
    • Order your store favorites online at Delivery.CVS.com
    • Dedicated shoppers will pick your items and notify you when they're on their way

13. The following 4 users say "thanks"

As much as I love living in our rural area....And I love our prairie....one big disadvantage is that we don't have those kinds of services. The best our local store offers is a pickup, where I shop, check out with my cart then leave it with a clerk. Then I pull around to a side door and they'll load the groceries in to my car.

I shop occasionally through Amazon, and get some canned and packaged goods from wa!mart, but since a lot of my groceries are fresh, meat and veggies I still have to go to a store.

There is a pharmacy in the next town that I use. It mails prescriptions to me, so long as they're called in by 4 p.m., and I'll get them the next day. if I really need it right away, they'll deliver. There is no additional charge for either service. And the pharmacy works with medicare and most insurance companies, and can get stuff other pharmacies can't. And they'll call me to remind me about refills, if I haven't already called them. A great small-town benefit.....

15. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

You might want to keep an eye on Peapod and Instacart because they claim they're always adding new areas to the localities they serve. And I've noticed that Instacart used to list only a couple of stores in my part of town but now there are about 10 of them.

You can go to the Instacart Website and enter your ZIP code to find out if it's available there.

But living in a small community does have advantages a person in a larger city wouldn't have--like being known to local people who will often go out of their way to be thoughtful, as you say.

17. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Cat, glad you have that pharmacy service available to you. If you or TC need medication it is there for you. We can kind of stock up on food, but that is hard to do with prescription medication. Some day I might look into the thing that Agate was talking about with CVS. There is not one close enough to my home for me to use on a regular basis, but that sounds pretty good. Hate to think of getting all new prescriptions from my doctors, since I am on several.
    Virginia

19. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast