Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Shingles!!!!

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

How are you today Virginia? Worried about you, I am....

2. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

New eruption down on my face. I felt like crying when I saw it. It had been staying up above the brow bone and in the brow bone. This one is close to nose down on the face. Cherie my eye Doctor said if it got to the tip of the nose that I would not have any choice but to go on the eye drops. Since your post I understand why he is being conservative about giving them to me.

Considered ordering the cream that Rose posted about, but there is the problem with everything being put in my mailbox that I cannot easily get to and yesterday as I was going to Doctors I saw one thermometer that said 95 degrees. If I decide on some locally I know I can get my friend who's house we meet in for meditation to pick something like that up. I notified her by e-mail that I could already tell her I would not be there for meditation this month. She would be willing to pick up something like that for me.

I listened to soft music until after one o'clock last night so I could get in another dose of Valtrex. Then took another one at 7:15 this morning. Trying to get as much in as I can. Otherwise, just hanging out and I am going to wash linens and some other things today. However, I just really do not feel like doing much of anything.
    Virginia

4. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Shingles is the reactivation of Chicken Pox, one of many forms of Herpes virus.

https://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/infectious-diseases/herpesviruses/chickenpox
    Evolution spans the Universe.

6. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member SuzE-Q's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Virginia View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    New eruption down on my face. I felt like crying when I saw it. It had been staying up above the brow bone and in the brow bone. This one is close to nose down on the face. Cherie my eye Doctor said if it got to the tip of the nose that I would not have any choice but to go on the eye drops. Since your post I understand why he is being conservative about giving them to me.

Considered ordering the cream that Rose posted about, but there is the problem with everything being put in my mailbox that I cannot easily get to and yesterday as I was going to Doctors I saw one thermometer that said 95 degrees. If I decide on some locally I know I can get my friend who's house we meet in for meditation to pick something like that up. I notified her by e-mail that I could already tell her I would not be there for meditation this month. She would be willing to pick up something like that for me.

I listened to soft music until after one o'clock last night so I could get in another dose of Valtrex. Then took another one at 7:15 this morning. Trying to get as much in as I can. Otherwise, just hanging out and I am going to wash linens and some other things today. However, I just really do not feel like doing much of anything.
    You must be relieved you just had your hair done, anyway! That's one good thing!

Are you in pain, Virginia?
    Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.

Per Mike Weins: "...the admin/mod team doesn't have to provide a forewarning/warning/mention about altering a members post. It doesn't matter if they fix a link, remove a link, fix a typo, or whatever...."

8. The following 6 users say "thanks"

*edited - posted in wrong thread.
    Last edited by SuzE-Q; 09-05-2018 at 07:16 PM.
    Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.

Per Mike Weins: "...the admin/mod team doesn't have to provide a forewarning/warning/mention about altering a members post. It doesn't matter if they fix a link, remove a link, fix a typo, or whatever...."

10. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

Oh Virginia. That sounds miserable and scary. I hope your friend can pick it up.

12. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Virginia)))))) ~

Praying that the rash stops spreading and the Valtrex works quickly.

I looked all over the Shingles cream site, but I couldn't find out their shipping method. I was thinking that if they ship UPS or FedEx, it would be delivered to your door. On their "Contact Us" link, they have a phone number. Perhaps you could call and find out how they ship. They say they have free 2 day shipping.

https://dermachange.com/contact-us/

Would your friend be able to come over the day it's delivered, if it is shippped via U.S. mail and get it out of your mailbox and bring it to you?

I also saw a cream at WalMart, but this cream appealed to me because it uses natural organic ingredients.

Aveeno is available at drug stores and groceries.

Sending healing energy your way ~

Love & Light,

Rose
    Last edited by Earth Mother 2 Angels; 09-05-2018 at 04:04 PM.
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad.

14. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Thanks Rose, I had considered Aveeno. I wish I had something with lots of healing things in it.

Yes SuzeQ I am in pain. Sometime it is worse than at others. I also now feel sick on my stomach and I have been having chills since Monday night. So concerned about my eye and scarring. I am taking pain pills, but it is nothing heavy. My Doctor seemed to feel that I might have to have the heavier stuff later, but I am scared of it so I hope not.

Thank you to all.
    Virginia

16. The following 6 users say "thanks"

So sorry that you are in pain, Virginia. Do you have a follow up appointment with your eye doctor or primary care doctor?

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

18. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Truly sorry you've had this added, scary burden placed on your shoulders.

Please try to take care of yourself. You need a strong immune system to fight off the virus.

Have a meltdown to cleanse your mind if you need to, but pick yourself back up again and fight again. I know you are strong, you've been dealing with a lot and have faced many challenges in your life!

20. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast