Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Keep on Moving Club: Sept. 2018

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

Default Keep on Moving Club: Sept. 2018

MS creates some real challenges to keep on moving. It helps to inspire each other on how to find ways to move.

Did you stretch in your bed, swing your arms, roll side to side today? Or perhaps you did housework? Or exercised in a pool? Tracked your count of steps? Chased your cat around the home? Pushed the wheelchair wheels with your arms at the store? Post them here and we can support and egg each other on.

2. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Question

I'll be moving around today, but not for exercise. I've lost my keys. Fortunately, I have another set. I had them to get back in the house from running around yesterday, but where they are now is anyone's guess.

So I am headed for the kitchen, and go through the trashcan, and start there. Wish me luck!
    Evolution spans the Universe.

4. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Good luck Howie! I wear my keys around my neck when I go out. And when I return home, I hang them on the inside door knob. Problem solved....

Was going surfing but my ride got sick and everyone else is out of town. Dang! The waves were small, and the thunderstorm glassed over thwaves for a bit, complete with rainbow. But I was relegated to pool swim.

So, today I swam 1/2 mile plus 160 Yards. Did this with a gorgeous rainbow over the pool that lasted 15 minutes!

6. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Thumbs up

BINGO!!! They were in the trashcan. I know myself so well. After shopping yesterday, I had lots of the bags all over the table, so I scooped them all up, and put them in the trashcan. My keys were on the table too, and were put in the trash along with the bags.

That's a big relief. Sunshine, I keep them on a hook beside the bed, but didn't notice I hadn't hung them back after I came in. I will from now on, and make sure they are hung up whenever I have gone out.

8. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Keys--I'm pretty good at losing track of them but I do always find them. But there are panicky times while I'm looking.

More than once they've been lying right on the bed in plain sight but I didn't see them or think to look there. I'm getting new glasses this week, and maybe they will mean I'll start noticing keys.

I've found that I have to have a place for everything, with everything in its place, as my mother always said. Those keys--two sets of them, plus a neighbor's keys I'm keeping for her--are all supposed to hang on the kitchen pegboard. Sometimes I'm busy and in a hurry and neglect to put them there. That's when I run into trouble--putting them anywhere else.

One set of keys has a stretchy plastic wristband so I can wear them on my wrist. A building manager handed these out to residents many years ago, and I've had mine ever since. It's nice for keeping the keys from dropping into the dumpster when I take out the trash.

One of these thingies:

https://wristcoils.com/product/trans...yABEgKJnfD_BwE
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

10. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Agate, I have seen people wear those and they do look handy. I think my keys are too heavy for something like that.

Howie, so proud of you. You are really getting good at finding things.

Sunshine, congratulations on all you are doing.
    Virginia

12. The following 5 users say "thanks"

I swam 1/2 mile plus 213 Yards. In 35 minutes. Sat down after to tame the shin muscles, but then quickly recovered.

14. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Cool

I just went to CVS, and got my meds. Then to the store to get beer, and now I shouldn't have to go anywhere until maybe Friday. I have all the ingredients to make pasta, but will wait another day.

Oh, I hung my keys up when I got back.

16. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Being obliged to put forth more effort than usual can be a challenge. Howie, you probably put your keys up as part of your usual routine, right?

I can do my usual routines usually. But when something unexpected comes along, I might have problems.

Yesterday I did something so stupid I'm embarrassed to admit it. I was about to microwave a veggie burger, as I've done before. I put it on the lid of a small glass casserole, put a moist piece of paper towel over it, and set it, or thought I did. But instead of setting at at 0:57, which would have been seconds, I set it at 57:00, which was minutes. REALLY dumb.

I was noticing an odd odor and saw that it was at 53:00, and slowly it dawned on me that I'd set it wrong. At least I remembered how to stop it from microwaving but what I took out of the oven was a hopelessly charred mess.

So I had to scurry around and open windows and turn on a fan so the smoke detector wouldn't go off, and then I had to clean up the oven, my potholders, and the glass lid I'd used. It looked as if it had been destroyed but a lot of elbow grease with a scouring pad pretty much restored it. Dinner was a couple of cheese sticks instead of the veggieburger. I had more of them in the freezer but didn't feel like coping with microwaving anything else just then.

All of that wore me down to the point where I was very tired last night. The two potholders, which happen to be the best potholders I've ever had, might be OK. I'm working on them.

But as a result the 40 leg lifts I was going to do yesterday didn't get done. Washing dishes isn't usually such a chore for me as it was yesterday.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

18. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Cool

Yes, I'll have a veggie burger, WELL done!!!

20. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast