Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: OT September Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member

Well, I am still here. It is steady rain this morning and wind gust that must be pretty high because when I look out my windows I see that many of the smaller branches off my trees have fallen. My yard is already a mess. The deck has a lot of debris from the back yard and bushes out back.

There are quite a few downed trees in the county that my brothers moved to, but one brother told me there were none in their neighborhood. I got a shower and washed my hair this morning just in case I do not have power to blow it dry later. I have not had the television on, but that is what I am going to do now. I did hear that there will be rain until about Wednesday and this afternoon the wind is to get higher.
    Last edited by Virginia; 09-14-2018 at 07:44 AM.
    Virginia

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

Thank you for checking in. We have all been thinking about you and hoping you are OK. Wouldn’t it be wonderful if you continue to have power!

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Virginia, it's good to know you're staying OK in spite of the battering from the storm. Hope your power stays on!
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

YES, let's all hope for power. I have now heard on TV that more and more people in Raleigh are loosing power. There are also more downed trees (really big ones) than I had realized in Raleigh. They are showing them on TV. I guess it is the ground being so saturated with water.

Will be glad when this storm dies completely. The bad part is that the rain is to continue on and on.

If you want to watch TV and the program is on one of the major networks you can forget it around here. All of the programs have been pre-empted by the local stations staying on with 24 hour coverage of the hurricane. ABC, CBS, NBC are all local coverage now. Why can't they just designate one station to do that and at least have some regular programing on other stations.
    Virginia

5. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

That lack of TV as a distraction must be miserable. I've found that on the Internet you can often get streaming videos of programs you've missed on TV but they may be available only a bit later than when they aired on TV. I tried to get "The View" on the ABC Website because I heard that Michael Moore was on, talking about a new movie he has coming out. Yesterday's program was available there but not today's. That may be the way all of the TV programs are treated--I'm not sure.

Filling up the bathtub with water so that you can still flush the toilet--that's smart. The rest of us can learn a lot from you hurricane pros.

I'm going to get water to keep on hand. I used to do that but decided I didn't have room. I'm changing my mind now and deciding I'll have room. The refrigerator has room for several gallon jugs, for instance, and there they will be.

7. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Yes, most of the tv shows available on the internet are available the day after they've been broadcast. There are some available through "streaming" -- you can watch them as broadcast, but that's not as common.

Yes, Virginia, I'm glad you checked in. I hope things continue to be OK with you. The wind is a problem, but the really big problem is flooding. I hope you're on high ground!

I see that a mother and infant were killed when a tree fell on their house....

9. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

I wasn't able to watch the first episode of "The Miniaturist," the PBS drama about dollhouse furniture (?--not sure that's the topic, exactly) but have requested a DVD of the season from the library. That may take a year or more to get here because there's a waiting list but I did get to see part of it at the PBS Website. The entire first episode seems to be there, and I'm going to try to watch the rest of it today or tomorrow, if I can get on with some more of the paperwork I still have to do.

Did anyone happen to see it when it aired on the 9th?

11. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Agate, that sounds like something Cat might watch. Just had only a couple of scares with power. One time it blinked off and TV went off, but then it came back on and then about an hour ago it flickered twice. My brothers lost power earlier today for and hour and a half. One of my brother's had his gate blow off his new fence. They both had real nice new fences put up to keep dogs in. He was lucky and saw it before the dogs got out.

I think if I could have just one piece of Dove dark chocolate after lunch it would help me a lot. I haven't had any since shingles began, because you are not supposed to. I feel like I am trying to go "cold turkey" off my fix.
    Virginia

13. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Say it isn't so! You don't have to give up chocolate if you have shingles, really, do you?

A piece of Dove chocolate sounds just exactly right to me but if the doctor says no, I guess you have to just wait until you're cured of the shingles.

ANN has chocolate by the ton. What would happen if you cheated just a little?

15. The following 5 users say "thanks"

So glad to hear from you Virginia and happy that the power is still on.

I never heard about chocolate being bad for shingles until you mentioned it once before. I looked it up and found some references but nothing from a good medical reference. I understand why you’d be shy to have some but a bite of a Dove might be calming.

Hi Agate, how are things where you are?
    ANN
    Last edited by stillstANNding; 09-14-2018 at 05:41 PM.
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

17. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51011121314151617181920 ... LastLast