Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 61112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: OT September Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Virginia ~

You and your family continue to be in my prayers. It appears that Florence is beginning to hit South Carolina now, so I worry for your brother and family. And for you, as the predictions are that it might get worse, before it gets better.

I'm so grateful that you still have power and water. I know it isn't chocolate, and I sure wish you could have that Dove bar right now! Perhaps you could play a mind game and tell yourself that no chocolate is a remedy for shingles, and that when the shingles are gone, your reward will be a Dove bar or any of ANN's chocolate (and keep it coming!). Is there anything else to help quell the craving?

As long as you have the internet, maybe you could watch interesting stuff on Netflix or Amazon or YouTube. YouTube has clips from lots of TV shows, as well as full length episodes, and movies. Most TV stations have websites, where you can watch episodes of various programs. Do a little surfing on the web ... you might find something worthwhile.

When Jim and Jon are sleeping in the wee hours of the morning, I watch "The World's Most Extraordinary Homes" and "Amazing Interiors" on Netflix. They all live up to the shows' titles! Fascinating, and I can't imagine where people get the money to build or create these homes and interiors.

Meanwhile, I pray for your healing, for Florence to weaken, for your home, neighborhood, you and your family and friends to be safe.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad.

2. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stillstANNding View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So glad to hear from you Virginia and happy that the power is still on.

I never heard about chocolate being bad for shingles until you mentioned it once before. I looked it up and found some references but nothing from a good medical reference. I understand why you’d be shy to have some but a bite of a Dove might calming.

Hi Agate, how are things where you are?
    ANN
    The weather is perfectly beautiful though heavy rain and hail will be heading this way over the weekend.

I've been kneedeep in paperwork still but if the printer is in a good mood, I should be able to finish it up and send it off over the weekend, and that should be the end of that nonsense for a while. The Internet situation is still on a back burner.

Whether to stay with Century Link or switch to the $10/month Internet for low-income people is the issue. When I told Century Link I was thinking about changing to that program, they instantly came up with a pretty good deal. They would provide faster speed (20 vs. 12) at the price I've been paying (which has now been increased by $40/month). I'm very tempted to go with that, just because changing to a newer, smaller organization for something as important as Internet access makes me a bit uneasy. What if Internet Essentials (that's the name of this program) folds up in a few months or so?

I'm waiting on this decision for a little while, hoping to find out more.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

4. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Thanks Rose for the thoughts and prayers for me, neighbors and my family.

Ann and Agate, you have so encouraged me about chocolate that I might just have one bite tomorrow.

The rain has been heavier tonight than it was earlier. I was surprised. It was so hard I thought I might need to turn the volume up on the stereo in order to hear good. The rain was beating against the skylight. I usually love that sound, but not now. Enough is enough.

My meditation group has decided not to meet Monday night as planned since our weather is so bad. The lady who's house we have it in wrote and said she had heard that a BIG tree had fallen across Strickland Rd. That is the road that runs in front of my neighborhood. I was not going to be there due to the shingles, but if it is postponed until the following week, just maybe I might.

I am going to brush my teeth and go to bed now. Thanks for being here so I can say Goodnight to someone.
    Virginia

6. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I've heard that this will be a long-lasting storm--and you'll probably be glad not to have to go out in it even on Monday.

Being stuck at home with shingles in a hurricane can't be fun at all. Do you have some books to occupy you?
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

8. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Pegakafarmgirl's Avatar

every body out east I do worry,, Howie and Virginia,, take care of yourselfs

We are starting the youth hunt tomorrow morning,, {deer},, grandson is spending the night hunting with grandpa,,,, and its actually way to warm like heat index is 95 degrees,, so morning hunts, till it cools down, next weekend,, I am once again the cook,,lol
    " Don't outsmart your common sense"

Peg

10. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

Agate, NC is about 10 minutes away. I got rain last night, and it's supposed to rain for a week. No winds that I ever heard. Perfect sleeping weather, and it made me go to bed at 11pm instead of my usual 2am.

I'm having my morning coffee, TV is on but I'm not really watching. Just electronic company. My brother didn't call last night, and don't know if he will this weekend.

I MAY try to go to the store tomorrow. Mainly stuff I forgot last time. And I had the last of my pasta yesterday, it was good to the last drop.

Everyone have a great day!
    Evolution spans the Universe.

12. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Hi Howie and Peg and Agate (on my clock you all posted this AM)!

Howie, I hope you can get out if you need to. Be safe. There’s a lot of water with this system. I hope you hear from your brother.

Peg, we want to hear about the food. We all eat. ;-0

Virginia, I guess it’s too much to hope that you still have electricity. I am crossing my fingers that you do. Have you heard anymore about your brothers?

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

14. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Thumbs up

Losing electricity was my greatest fear with this hurricane. I had food, and the car incase I needed something. But without electricity, no computer, no TV, and my only source of entertainment would have been the stereo in my car.

But thank goodness, the storm missed this area. NC and SC caught the brunt of this storm. There are several other hurricanes building strength out in the Atlantic.

I have a cell phone that only needs charging if I use it a lot. That will only happen if my brother calls. We do talk a long time usually.
    Evolution spans the Universe.

16. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Peg, what are you cooking? Ann and I want to know about food, please.

Thankfully, gratefully, I still have electricity.

My shingles look a little better today.

We are still having constant rain. My yard in front and back is standing in water. The ground is so saturated that it will not take anymore. I haven't heard from any brothers today. I think it is later today that my older brother will get whatever he is going to get. Unless of course that has changed. I haven't seen anything this morning.

Our skies are so dark, hardly a bit of daylight where I live. A neighbor called me this morning and said she could see the trees in my yard from one of her rooms and they were just swaying several times during the worse part of this. Since most are big and lean a little toward my house that didn't help the way I felt. I have asked the HOA over and over to take some of those trees down, but they say they can't afford it.

I have not heard a word about the hurricane that was on its way when this one got started. Anyone know if it fizzled out or not? Maybe it went in another direction? It was heading this way out in the ocean the last I heard.
    Virginia

18. The following 4 users say "thanks"

I wonder where Suze-Q got to and also Jendie. Jendie was to get an infusion shortly or maybe she already has gotten it. Renee of course just kind of flits in and out. We never know when we will hear from her again. I just hope wherever they are they are having fun and that MS is not acting up.
    Virginia

20. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 61112131415161718192021 ... LastLast