Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: OT September Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by agate View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Doesn't that average out to about 2,154 miles a year? I find that impressive. Driving a car takes physical effort. Even just getting in and out of one does.
    Agate, I knew I could count on your math skills!

I put 1,000 of those miles on it the first month I had it. A new toy, and you know how us boys are with a new toy. I washed it and waxed it several times. Now days, I can't remember the last time I washed it. I just drive it, and let the rain wash it.

I do get the oil changed every year. That's important.
    Last edited by Howie; 09-04-2018 at 12:55 AM.
    Evolution spans the Universe.

2. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Cool

I've got the two bills I have to write checks for all ready to mail in the morning....or whenever I actually get out of bed. I can get back to my 2am bedtime tonight.

4. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Howie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sunshine, I don't read books anymore. This computer screen is readable because it's BIG. Not being able to read printed copy is a gift from MS. The last books I read were Steven Hawking's book A Brief History of Time, and Bill McKibben's book The Age of Missing Information. Shortly afterwards, I had the exacerbation that ended all my reading. I can read the computer because the letters are large compared to a book.

Well, I just finished making pasta. In about an hour, I'll go to CVS, and get the med they forgot to give me yesterday. I should have stopped sweating by then. Man that kitchen got hot!!!
    If you had an Amazon Fire tablet, you could STILL read. You can download a book and easily increase the size of the font to suit your vision. And decrease or increase background light, depending on your needs. That's one reason why I love my Fire! They're pretty cheap these days. Or if you just want it to read books, then the Amazon Kindle readers are even cheaper, and even more suited to reading books - -they work great in intense sunlight, for example.

6. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar

Smile Happy Birthday Cherie!

:) BELATED HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO CHERIE! I did not look at my calendar and missed your birthday yesterday. I hope you had a great one. You are special! Jeanie :)

8. The following 7 users say "thanks"

I thought Cherie's birthday was tomorrow. I'll say Happy Birthday Cherie today and then again tomorrow. That way I will not miss it.
    Virginia

10. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Cool

But that will make her older having two birthdays in three days!

12. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Cherie's Avatar

Thank you all. My birthday is tomorrow the 4th. Other than my baby brother, you are the first to wish me happy birthday. Love you guys.

14. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm going to be different and wait until tomorrow to wish Cherie a happy birthday.

I'm not so sure that a device that enlarges text would work for some of us who don't read print much. My eyes move slowly, no matter what the size of the print is.

I can't follow fast-moving games in movies or on TV. I'm watching something now that has action-packed scenes in it. They go right by me. I have no idea what went on.

Not a good person to witness a crime. Or maybe a very good person to witness a crime--if you're the criminal. You'd be completely safe from exposure with me looking on.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

16. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member nuthatch's Avatar

I'm so excited! My lovely daughter is coming tomorrow with Tula for a few days! Tula is turning three soon, so we are going to celebrate her birthday a little early since we can't travel to her house (it's an 8 hour drive). I spoke with her on the phone and she is excited to come to Nana and Grandpa's house. The last time she was here we planted pumpkin seeds and now the pumpkins are ready to be picked!

One of the presents I got for her is a cute book called "Only One You". Believe it or not, I spent all day today painting rocks, yes, I said painting rocks! As you can see, I tried to make them like the fish in the book. DH found the smoothest rocks he could in the yard, but I've learned rocks don't come very smooth and are hard to paint! I plan to hide them and her other presents, around the house and have her find them. Trying to build good memories for her. Can you guess which rock is the Tula fish or which one is Nana?
    Attached Images Attached Images

18. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Beautiful job and beautiful idea, Joan! I love it. You and Tula are the blue/yellow fish with the great lips!

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

20. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast