Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: OT September Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member Pegakafarmgirl's Avatar

Agate,, I am so envious of your talent,,nice work,, your grandson is so adorable.
    " Don't outsmart your common sense"

Peg

2. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

I'm in the sleep all day, and stay awake all night mode this weekend. But it wasn't that big of a change. During the week, I'm up until 2:00 to watch TV. Star Gate, then 2 Outer Limits that end at 2am.

I have one script to pick up tomorrow. CVS totally missed that one. They make a LOT of mistakes lately. I have enough to get through tomorrow, and may just wait another day. It depends on how much coffee I've had.

Enjoy your holiday!
    Evolution spans the Universe.

4. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

Agate: Fresh Life! He is a beautiful baby! And the family is lucky to have a beautiful blanket crocheted by his adoring grandmother. So many blessings!

Howie, I am reading a book called Ready Player One. I think you would like it, although the movie was terrible and not true to the book one iota according to my DH.

6. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

That is a lovely blanket. One of my most cherished possessions is an afghan...a pattern similar to what you have there...that my grandmother made......so it is well over 100 years old. Still in excellent condition. I use it every winter...with care. Then store it in mothballs (it is wool) until the next winter....

8. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Cool

Sunshine, I don't read books anymore. This computer screen is readable because it's BIG. Not being able to read printed copy is a gift from MS. The last books I read were Steven Hawking's book A Brief History of Time, and Bill McKibben's book The Age of Missing Information. Shortly afterwards, I had the exacerbation that ended all my reading. I can read the computer because the letters are large compared to a book.

Well, I just finished making pasta. In about an hour, I'll go to CVS, and get the med they forgot to give me yesterday. I should have stopped sweating by then. Man that kitchen got hot!!!

10. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

Ah. I didn’t know about your MS eyesight problem. GEESH, I imagine you miss it....

12. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Cool

At least I can still walk and drive, but do little of both. My car is a 2005 I bought new, and it's got 28,000 miles on it.

14. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Cherie's Avatar

Lovely Agate!

Binge watched the 8 episodes of Tom Clancy's "Jack Ryan" on Amazon over the last two evenings. Great character development. Nothing unbelievable. Just plain a lot of back stories that show how the events that are happening are influenced by the past. Amazon released "Season 1" of this show on August 30. It is certainly open to more than one season the way the story unfolds. Sort of a prequel to Harrison Ford's "A Clear and Present Danger" movie.

I have a bot of chili making in the big 5 qt crock pot for our annual meeting of our boating club followed by dinner starting at 4 this afternoon. I can already smell it. We were notified last Thursday that we are under a boil water advisory for our area due to E. Coli. This morning we got another call stating it was expected to last at least through Saturday so in addition to the Chili, I boiled and replenished our drinking water supplies. David is going through the entire house (including the Attic so far) and taking down spider webs. Don't know if he'll get the the basement before he runs out of steam but they are rampant down there. He got his sail boat out on the water yesterday for the first time in 4 years. Elated!

16. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by agate View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

This is the blanket I made for my grandson. He received it today though a warm summer day may not have been the best time for this....

And this is William at 5 months:

[IMG]http://www.braintalkcommunities.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=5046&stc=1

Beautiful blanket. Beautiful grandson.
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

18. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Catdancer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That is a lovely blanket. One of my most cherished possessions is an afghan...a pattern similar to what you have there...that my grandmother made......so it is well over 100 years old. Still in excellent condition. I use it every winter...with care. Then store it in mothballs (it is wool) until the next winter....
    It's so nice when these items are cared for and get passed down. My family always had a few afghans and quilts made by relatives and they were in use but also highly prized. As a child I think I was comforted realizing that there were these people "out there" who had cared enough to make them for the family. They were so old that I'd never met the people who made them.

Wool is probably more durable than the synthetic yarns. I'd have preferred it for that reason but wanted something easy to care for and not scratchy on an infant's skin. I've heard too many people say (and noticed it myself) that wool can be scratchier than synthetic yarn--but there's nothing like it for durability and warmth. Whenever I have wool yarn to make a hat, I try to treat it with a lot of respect.

Howie, you wrote:

At least I can still walk and drive, but do little of both. My car is a 2005 I bought new, and it's got 28,000 miles on it.
    Doesn't that average out to about 2,154 miles a year? I find that impressive. Driving a car takes physical effort. Even just getting in and out of one does.

Cherie, this is such good news about your husband:

David is going through the entire house (including the Attic so far) and taking down spider webs. Don't know if he'll get the the basement before he runs out of steam but they are rampant down there. He got his sail boat out on the water yesterday for the first time in 4 years. Elated!
    Last edited by agate; 09-03-2018 at 08:26 AM.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

20. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast