Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast

Thread: OT September Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Thumbs up

I just made a dump, bank, and store run. I got plenty of batteries to fit my Tac Lanterns. Man those things are bright, and don't seem to drain the batteries. Bought things to eat that don't require refrigeration. My car has plenty of gas, I'm ready.
    Evolution spans the Universe.

2. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It seems to be changing its course, moving southward, and your area may not get hit severely. It's good to know that you and Sam are OK there.

Virginia, on the other hand, might be elsewhere by now. I believe her area is on the edge of the storm but still it could be entirely too exciting soon where she lives.

https://www.newsobserver.com/news/lo...218251450.html
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

4. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Cool

Do you think it's too late to take my non-refrigerated food back?

6. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Why not hang onto it? You might want to stay put no matter what happens. I've been hearing that if you refuse to leave when there's a mandatory evacuation order, you should make sure to provide the authorities with information on your next of kin.

Scare tactics, no doubt, and maybe this will just fizzle out before it even gets to anyone.

I can easily understand not wanting to move anywhere else in an emergency. With MS hitting us, being in unfamiliar places is often more difficult than staying where we know what is where and how to get along in that environment.

Also, just getting ready to move ourselves in a hurry, the effort of getting there and somehow settling in so we can at least eat and sleep--all of that takes enormous reserves of energy for people with MS, apparently. The tension of the situation drains us too.

In both fires I've been in where I had to get out fast, I was probably the last one out each time. I wasn't going anywhere unless I absolutely had to.

8. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

One good thing about hurricanes -- there is plenty of advance warning. Yes, sometimes they fizzle out before they come to shore, sometimes they change direction and an early target area doesn't get hit. But -- having lived through just a minor glance of a hurricane, if I were in that area I'd be moving well inland yesterday, and hunker down somewhere before the rush..not waiting until it's almost too late because it seems like "too much trouble".

I've been through tornadoes, that glancing hurricane, fires, floods -- been through enough disasters to know to pay attention to the weather forecasts, particularly those in my immediate area, and take adequate precautions. Second guessing, waiting until the last minute .. none of that is any longer in my vocabulary.

Virginia had a doctors appointment today..that might be why she's not been on here.

10. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

Howie keep that food. I don’t know which part of NC you live in, but much of it is going to get hit in some fashion.75% of the Duke power company customers are predicted to lose power, some for weeks.

Keep your receipt. If you don’t need it after Florence, can return it.

12. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

So, I don't know whether to be relieved or to be in a panic: Got a call from my urologists office today. I assumed it was to follow up after the botox shots to my bladder on Monday -- a follow up to see how I was doing, and if all was well. Instead, the nurse said brightly (this is a slight paraphrase): "Well, good news, your tests came back, the biopsy on your bladder was benign; it was not cancerous; you don't have bladder cancer."

Uh....I didn't know a biopsy was taken -- I wasn't told they took one. I didn't know there was some indication that I might have a spot? tumor? bulge? something in my bladder that they thought they needed to biopsy. But apparently they did. And whatever it was, it was benign.....

14. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Thumbs up

Actually Sunshine, I'm in Virginia, about 10 minutes from the North Carolina border. I really didn't buy anything I don't usually eat. But a few things like milk I didn't buy, I'll go and get in a few days when this hurricane will have made up it's mind where it's going.

16. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Catdancer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So, I don't know whether to be relieved or to be in a panic: Got a call from my urologists office today. I assumed it was to follow up after the botox shots to my bladder on Monday -- a follow up to see how I was doing, and if all was well. Instead, the nurse said brightly (this is a slight paraphrase): "Well, good news, your tests came back, the biopsy on your bladder was benign; it was not cancerous; you don't have bladder cancer."

Uh....I didn't know a biopsy was taken -- I wasn't told they took one. I didn't know there was some indication that I might have a spot? tumor? bulge? something in my bladder that they thought they needed to biopsy. But apparently they did. And whatever it was, it was benign.....
    Did you question this at all? Is it possible she mixed up her phone calls and wasn't talking to the right patient? This has been known to happen.

Seems as if someone would have told you in advance if you were scheduled to have a biopsy. And told you the reason why.

18. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Surfers are an intrepid bunch, as we know:

https://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/ne...218238570.html

20. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast