Thread: How do you deal with depression

Distinguished Community Member houghchrst's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default How do you deal with depression

I am wondering how you guys deal with your depressive states. I know not everyone is clinically depressed but there are many out there who still deal with episodes of depression. How do you bring yourselves out of those black states? Do you? Is it only in levels? I have a neutral plateau I kind of hit where I am not overly happy but I am not feeling my depression at the moment, everything else is down. No ups. Just the plateaus.

2. The following user says "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

i myself am having about with depression, wanting to cry but just staying in a down weeepy mood. this is unusual for me now. i hade managed to control it pretty good and all i had to deal with was my anxiety, which i have plenty of. sowish someone who doesmanage would give us some tips . i am thinking that my pain is not helping but i have always had to deal with pain it just has gotten to be so much more tan usual. but dang being so down on top of being in pain sure does make for dreadful days and nights.

4. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member houghchrst's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Joy I find that if I consider or let myself actually feel the pain it will set me to tears. A huge source of depression for me. Having mental issues is bad enough but when it is exacerbated by constant pain it reaches new depths. It affects your entire life and is all consuming in and of itself. Especially if barely 'managed'. I say 'managed' because mine is only taken down a bare peg by my MMJ and by my nortriptyline for my fibro. I am down to the last few Perc. ER that I got back in January when I broke my leg. Got a script for ninety and have about ten left. That is how rarely I have taken them.

6. The following user says "thanks"