Movies anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Movies anyone?

Is anyone out there a movie fan? What do you like to watch? How do you watch your movies? Rent, cable, Netflix or hulu?

I love my horror and thrillers. Not a big fan of romances or westerns. Comedies some, most are just stupid and lewd though I do love a good lewd joke.

What is the last movie you watched? What is your favorite movie? What movie can you watch over and over again?

Last movie I watched was "How It Ends". Almost two hours I can't get back. Netflix. I have noticed that Netflix if pumping out their movies, which aren't bad, and they are not getting much box office movies in. I still enjoy it. My ex gave me access to his Hulu account so I have to option of watching that also.

I have a couple of movies I find myself watching over and over again, not the whole thing usually catch it a bit past the beginning, Shawn of the Dead which is a hilarious zombie movie and Day After Tomorrow which is a thriller. There are a couple others, good ones, caught 'House of Sand and Fog' which is a must watch the other day.
    Last edited by houghchrst; 08-23-2018, 06:51 AM.

Well --------- I hadn't been to a movie since 1971, husband refused to go (and I wasn't allowed to watch any TV that I really wanted to see) . When I left him in 2008, one of the first things I did was go to a movie.

Comment

I fell in love with movies when I discovered that someone invented the VHS LOL. Now I watch DVDs or movies on TV and as a special occasion I go to the movies with friends or family. Last movie I watched was "The Odd Couple" on TV. The last time I was in a movie theater was in 2017 to see "My Little Pony: The Movie" with a family member LOL. I like drama and comedy. I never use Netflix.
      Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
      My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

Comment

Jingle how terrible, I am sure you must have had some way of spending your days then, what movie did you go to see that wondrous day? Do you watch tv now? What type of shows interest you or do you not bother with the tv?

Funnylegs, YES!! I remember when one of the first video stores opened and my mom would rent a VCR and some movies and we would binge watch sometimes 3-4 movies. I was hooked and have been renting movies ever since. Not a lot anymore, now I have cable and Netflix and a movie website I use. you can find most anything online or rent through the internet on an app. I wound up getting a job at that little video store and loved working there.

I have cable but unfortunately there are not a lot of decent movie choices for the package I get. I don't like those reality tv shows and there is a plethora of crime shows and thrilling, supernatural or unexplained event shows. The channels I want take me to another package tier that would be higher. Can't afford that so I catch rerun movies here and there, don't watch much tv during the day, usually don't turn it on until later in the afternoon.

The last tv show I watched was Treehouse Masters, the last movie was, egads i'm embarrassed to say I was up at 3 a.m. with insomnia watching live streaming from a FB group I am friends with called Night of the Demons. A totally B movie made in the 80s. Good for a laugh. The group commenting was quite entertaining. It's fun to be able to watch a movie with a like minded group and talk about it but not disturb anyone.

Can't remember what the last movie I saw in the theater was. When cj and I were together we use to go to the movies all the time. It was usually a kid movie then as Jared got older and we separated they use to go. Not much any more as money seems to have gotten tighter everywhere.

I do love watching all kinds of movies but like I said no fan of romance though I have seen some good ones, loved The Notebook, and I cannot remember the last western I saw. Besides those I am kind of open. Subtitles even.

Comment

Originally posted by houghchrst View Post
          Jingle how terrible, I am sure you must have had some way of spending your days then, what movie did you go to see that wondrous day? Do you watch tv now? What type of shows interest you or do you not bother with the tv?

Funnylegs, YES!! I remember when one of the first video stores opened and my mom would rent a VCR and some movies and we would binge watch sometimes 3-4 movies. I was hooked and have been renting movies ever since. Not a lot anymore, now I have cable and Netflix and a movie website I use. you can find most anything online or rent through the internet on an app. I wound up getting a job at that little video store and loved working there.

I have cable but unfortunately there are not a lot of decent movie choices for the package I get. I don't like those reality tv shows and there is a plethora of crime shows and thrilling, supernatural or unexplained event shows. The channels I want take me to another package tier that would be higher. Can't afford that so I catch rerun movies here and there, don't watch much tv during the day, usually don't turn it on until later in the afternoon.

The last tv show I watched was Treehouse Masters, the last movie was, egads i'm embarrassed to say I was up at 3 a.m. with insomnia watching live streaming from a FB group I am friends with called Night of the Demons. A totally B movie made in the 80s. Good for a laugh. The group commenting was quite entertaining. It's fun to be able to watch a movie with a like minded group and talk about it but not disturb anyone.

Can't remember what the last movie I saw in the theater was. When cj and I were together we use to go to the movies all the time. It was usually a kid movie then as Jared got older and we separated they use to go. Not much any more as money seems to have gotten tighter everywhere.

I do love watching all kinds of movies but like I said no fan of romance though I have seen some good ones, loved The Notebook, and I cannot remember the last western I saw. Besides those I am kind of open. Subtitles even.

In case you are not already aware 13 PBS airs movies every Saturday. I usually find a few great movies through PBS and all cable providers seem to carry PBS regardless of cost. :) Yes I remember a little store chain called "BlockBuster" . I would rent about 8 movies at a time while recovering from surgery and fell in love with Don Bluth animations. I don't like realty TV at all except for "Born This Way". I usually watch documentaries like "Enter The Faun" Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register... or scripted TV shows. I tried to follow the TV show "Speechless" for season 1 and part of season 2 since it was recommended to me, and you can read my reviews of that in the Speechless thread in the Child Neuro forum Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...
          Last edited by funnylegs4; 08-25-2018, 12:10 PM.
          Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
          My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

Comment

I used to tape movies using my VCR and still have some of those tapes--still watch some of them again.

Nowadays I get movies on loan through the local library. It has a mobile library that comes to this apartment building once a month. There are always some movies to choose from on the carts that they bring in but I've had better luck requesting specific movies in advance, and then they set them aside for me and bring them. I can keep them for a month.

Sometimes I've subscribed to Netflix, and it was fun getting movies in the mail. I never tried the streaming type because so often there aren't any closed captions/subtitles, and my computer screen isn't as big as my TV screen.

I like some foreign films--Japanese, Swedish, British, French, Italian, Russian and others. Sometimes I request shows that have run on TV, season by season. I watched "Victoria" and "Mad Men," "New Tricks," "The Wire," etc. Someone recommended "The Americans" but I tried it and didn't like it.

I don't pay much attention to TV programs--too hard to figure out the scheduling now that there are so many channels and sub-channels. Just not worth the bother for something that will be interrupted by commercials. If a program is really good, maybe I'll hear about it and check it out season after season from the library. I did that with "Call the Midwife," "Downton Abbey," "The Goodwife," "Jewel in the Crown," "Foyle's War" (which I particularly liked), and "Danger UXB," "Voyage of the Beagle." Some of those are very old but I still remember them.
            SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by houghchrst View Post
              Is anyone out there a movie fan? What do you like to watch? How do you watch your movies? Rent, cable, Netflix or hulu?

I love my horror and thrillers. Not a big fan of romances or westerns. Comedies some, most are just stupid and lewd though I do love a good lewd joke.

What is the last movie you watched? What is your favorite movie? What movie can you watch over and over again?

Last movie I watched was "How It Ends". Almost two hours I can't get back. Netflix. I have noticed that Netflix if pumping out their movies, which aren't bad, and they are not getting much box office movies in. I still enjoy it. My ex gave me access to his Hulu account so I have to option of watching that also.

I have a couple of movies I find myself watching over and over again, not the whole thing usually catch it a bit past the beginning, Shawn of the Dead which is a hilarious zombie movie and Day After Tomorrow which is a thriller. There are a couple others, good ones, caught 'House of Sand and Fog' which is a must watch the other day.
              I usually watch biopics and comedy animation... I watch them with my kids. I really liked the movie "A beautiful mind"... The plot is so emotional and illustrate the life of late John Nash Jr.

I don't rent movies. I usually watch them on netflix. That is more convenient for me.

Rachel.

Comment

Have you seen the movie Monster starring charlize theron? If you haven't then watch it. just amazing

Comment

I've seen MOnster, very good, love Charlize Theron. She has been in so many movies, many pretty obscure.

I have invested in two Rokus. One for the living room and one for the bedroom. I don't watch in the bedroom much anymore but if I want to I can. I have removed the cable box from the bedroom and will turn that in for money off of my bill. I have scaled down to almost the bare essentials through cable and am planning on investing in my own router then I can give theirs back for more money off. If I can get my bill down to less than a hundred a month I will be happy.

Comment

I saw Monster and liked it. Yes, Charlize Theron is well worth watching. It's a sad movie but good.
                    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

Thanks to share

Comment

Watched a documentary on Susan Oliver last night. Didn't even know I knew who she was. Very interesting. Am loving my new Rokus, well not the one in the living room so much. I had to buy an AVI adapter because it is an old tv and the picture is horrid. I have taken to watching tv in my bedroom again though I don't usually watch until later in the evening.

Comment

Not a movie fan but I am starting to love watching movies because of the corona lockdown.

Comment

Working...
                          X