• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Farewall to the Queen of Soul

FAREWELL TO THE QUEEN OF SOUL

Screen Shot 2018-08-17 at 5.58.21 PM.jpg

Aretha Franklin
    Natural Woman

In her 50 year career, Aretha Franklin gifted the world with her song, spirit, generosity, and determination. She was a pioneer for women, for African Americans, for equality, justice, and peace.

Aretha performed for inaugural events for President Jimmy Carter, President Bill Clinton, and President Barack Obama. In 2005, President George W. Bush awarded Aretha the Medal of Honor.

Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

She was the Diva of all Divas, with her fabulous gowns and fur coats, but she never forgot her roots in Detroit. Gospel music was always included in her live performances. She kept her faith and her promise to her father.

With “Respect” and “Natural Woman,” among many others, Aretha empowered women to be strong and not settle for anything less than what they deserve.

In the end, Aretha fought valiantly against pancreatic cancer, the most difficult to treat of all types of cancer. Symptoms typically don’t appear until the cancer is advanced. Pancreatic cancer does not receive the same attention and research funding as breast, lung, and colon cancer.

Her legacy needs to include a greater focus on pancreatic cancer and effective treatments to halt its progression and cure it.

In remembrance of The Queen of Soul ~ Aretha’s performance of “Natural Woman” at the Kennedy Center Honors for Carol King et al 2015:

Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

Aretha ~ Thank you so much for everything. Rest peacefully now in God’s Arms. You will always be The Queen.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

RIP Aretha! I love her songs. My relative said "Respect" was pure feminism before feminism was "in" :) Was heartbroken to hear she died.
    Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

Comment

Working...
    X