Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Keep on Moving Club: August 2018

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

Those are great numbers Agate :)

2. The following 5 users say "thanks"

At 4 a.m. I had an ankle spasm, turning ite foot inward. It settled down after about 15”. Scary cuz you never know if it will spread.

So, intrepid, or stupid, I swam at 7 a.m. for 20 minutes, 606 Yards, and waxed my board for a few minutes. Ran an errand and a doc visit. That should be it for the day, other than packing for surfing in the morning.

I get so overwhelmed in the early morning with weakness, and just end up feeling the futility of it all. It dissipates after the exercise.

4. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

I think you are doing miraculous things, Sunshine, and with MS, SPS, and the other immun problem. I may have missed something. You’re awesome, truly.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

6. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Those are great numbers Agate :)
    Not so great when compared with what normal people do but comparisons shouldn't be made.

Still, when I was at the diabetic shoe place, I was a bit concerned that they might not take my shoes very seriously since there I'd be in my wheelchair, and so when the guy said, "You obviously don't walk much at all, do you?" I bragged about my step count. He was actually genuinely impressed, I think.

JULY STEP COUNT AVERAGE: 1282, just a little better than any of the 11 previous months
    Last edited by agate; 08-03-2018 at 10:37 AM.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

8. The following 5 users say "thanks"

As well he should be. And chastened. A more polite comment would be, “are you able to take steps.”

That’s great news on July! How do you account for you ur progress?

Yes, do not compare yourself to others. YOU know, and WE know it’s a big accomplishment.

10. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Agate, you are doing wonderful on your steps. We are all impressed.

Sunshine, you continue to amaze us.

I had a very busy day yesterday. It was raining and dark here and because of my eye problem (which is not clearing up much) I had to wear sunglasses. I know I looked ridiculous. I went to get my nails done. Then I went to K-Mart to pick up 4 prescriptions. From there I went through bank drive thru. Then on to grocery store. I timed myself this time. I went in at almost exactly 5PM and came out at almost exactly 6:15PM, so was either standing or walking during that time. I came home, got groceries in house, put them away and went out to get something to eat for supper. I brought it home and it was after 7:30 before I got to sit down and eat. However, it was nice being out. Being in so long, due to eye problem is getting old.
    Virginia

12. The following 4 users say "thanks"

That sounds exhausting!
    If the eye is no better By Monday, go back to doc. Mom says...

14. The following 4 users say "thanks"

I went surfing today! It was a bit choppy and the ocean a bit cooler, but no matter. The waves were knee to waist high and gentle. A bit raggedy, and sometimes hard to catch. But I did catch a handful of fun rides, and mainly loved being on the ocean amongst good friends and fun loving people.

I worry I will wear out my welcome.
    Itís a lot to ask friends to drive me, and help clean up gear, and drive me and the gear down. And it keeps them from staying longer, or arriving at sunrise to surf. I know this.

A nice dude there was a guest of a friend , said his mom has MS , and he was stunned at how I surf....and so I reminded him that MS effects everyone differently depending on location and number of lesions, and level of inflammation. People donít know that. I teach them. Because I donít want to be used as an example of ďsomeone with MS who triesĒ. Because it isnít the full truth. Yes, I try hard, but itís mainly cuz my disease burden is still low.

Anyway, I told him to have her email me, and I will suggest to her that she come to this board. Apparently she likes to play in cyberspace.

16. The following 4 users say "thanks"

This morning I swam 1/4 mile, 15 minutes, and then stopped to prevent spasm.
    Then, we walked inside the new house to see the progress. It was good to notice how long I was able to walk around the house without having to sit down,....maybe the post- Shingrix changes are persisting, albeit not as good as day one.

18. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Sunshine, when our new family house was being built in 1960, we visited it almost every evening after supper. My father took pictures of everything so if he needed access in the future he would know where things (particularly in walls) were.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

20. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast