Page 1 of 33 1234561131 ... LastLast

Thread: OT August Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member Pegakafarmgirl's Avatar

Default OT August Chit Chat

Hi,,August sneaks up on a person,, pretty soon , summer will be but a memory,,

Infusion set for tomorrow morning,, instead of yesterday,,at 7am,,,, have both brothers home, one is staying with us,,
    the other with my sister,, nice to see them,, Saturday,, a family reunion, for Joes family, then a wedding on my side of the family,, and Nora will be up riding,,busy, busy,,

not much else,, garden is not doing to well,, everything is a month behind,,

later then,,
    " Don't outsmart your common sense"

Peg

2. The following 9 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

What a busy time you're having, Peg! And summer weather getting in the way sometimes too, probably.

Good luck with the infusion tomorrow. I hope it will go smoothly--and do great things for you, and you'll be able to enjoy the reunion and the wedding.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

4. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

So much going on for you Peg— hoping infusion goes well. How many hours is it?

6. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So much going on for you Peg— hoping infusion goes well. How many hours is it?
    Usually the first infusion of the cycle takes longer because they run it slowly and keep ramping up the speed if all is going well. The next infusion two weeks later is usually faster. Peg, mine takes about 6 hours the first time and maybe 5 for the second infusion. How does that compare with your time?
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

Is it payday yet? Oh darn, it's only the first! Well, at least it's August!

I've been calling CVS and my new doctor's office. My old doctor has moved on, and I haven't met the new doctor, nor if they're a he or she, or their name. I guess I'll make an appointment soon, then get new scripts for all my meds.

My food supply will work out perfectly. I finished my pasta yesterday, and have 2 Compleat's dinners left. And of course coleslaw.

Everyone have a great day, and month!
    Evolution spans the Universe.

9. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Nope, no payday till the 3rd. And the money I'm raking in from taking part in the study of course is dwindling away faster than you can say jack robinson. The Food Stamp allotment has been reduced by $8/month, and the next thing that will happen will be the rent increase. By the time they get through chipping away at this bit of extra income, I may be bringing in $5 or $10 a month for taking part in the study but I do believe that the study is worthwhile, and $5 is still $5.

I got to the appointment at the diabetic shoe place on Monday though it was a 98' day. I was very lucky with the rides and wasn't in the heat much at all. The place was new to me, and I was just hoping it would be air conditioned. It was. But a huge sign on the door as I entered said "No Public Restrooms." I told the driver that that might be a problem for "a person" (meaning me). She set my mind at rest by saying that the sign was probably meant for people who wanted to come in just to use the restroom.

I usually ask about amenities like AC or a restroom before going to a place but hadn't done that this time. Sure enough--there was a restroom I could use, and it was convenient and clean.

I was finally able to find a shoe that just might work better for me than the ones I've been wearing. It weighs only 6.3 ounces! My current shoes weigh 9.5 oz. and feel heavy and clunky and hard to drag around.

For me, the heavier the shoe, the more likely I am to trip and fall.

These new shoes won't be ready for at least 3 weeks but I'm looking forward to them.

11. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

Good hunting agate! 6 oz is a very light shoe! Is it canvas?

13. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar

It is important to have a helpful shoe. Glad it worked out for you. All my shoes get hopelessly marked up on the toes...foot drop messes with your shoes!
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

15. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Good hunting agate! 6 oz is a very light shoe! Is it canvas?
    No, apparently not. This is what it says on the Website:

• Engineered mesh upper with mesh lining and convenient micro fiber strap closure
    Not sure what "engineered mesh" means but then I don't understand why the word "closure" gets used for something I'd call a "fastener." I must belong in an earlier century.

All my shoes get hopelessly marked up on the toes...foot drop messes with your shoes!
    Linda, how true! The toes of my shoes are all scuffed up. I won'd know for sure how these new ones work until I get them of course--which will be several weeks from now. I didn't get to see the actual shoe--just a catalog photo.
    Last edited by agate; 08-01-2018 at 12:18 PM.

17. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Peg, you have so much spare time. Maybe you should take up a hobby. since you're not doing anything. I do hope you are able to have a good family week-end after your infusion and hope that you get tons of energy.

Speaking of shoes, I can buy a pair, wear them for a couple of hours, look down and the toes look like they are at least 5 years old. Agate, hope these turn out to be a winner for you and that you really love them.

Howie, you can last I promise. Just two more nights and one more day, then you can have fun spending. Seriously, I do encourage you to get into see the new Doctor as soon as possible. You might find yourself in a situation where he doesn't want to refill your prescriptions because he hasn't seen you.
    Virginia

19. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Page 1 of 33 1234561131 ... LastLast