Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: OT August Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Virginia View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Agate, I don't think I want to do an all white jigsaw puzzle - or black. Thanks for reminding me that I can get one on line. (how could I forget) What kind of roll up thing were you and Cat talking about. I always left mine out on a table while I was working on it, but now I don't have a place that I want to tie up that long.

Sunshine, start with a day and then start trying for a week. So glad you had that day free of pain.
    Virginia, I didn't seriously think you--or anyone--would want to do an entirely white puzzle. I was just amazed that one was even being offered for sale!

Some jigsaws are impossibly difficult.

Years ago when my brothers were still alive, one of them and my SIL used to come from California to visit in WA every few years or so, just for a few days, and what we did most of the time was jigsaws. My brother had had a stroke and was paralyzed on one side but he was still able to put pieces into the puzzle.

We gave up on only one puzzle. It was a picture of a bunch of chocolates, and the reverse side was the same picture, rotated 90 degrees. We decided that the best way to do it would have been to put it on a piece of glass or some other transparent surface so we could see both sides at once. It was a fiendish puzzle.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

2. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member nuthatch's Avatar

Agate - I'm game to play a game! Sounds fun!

4. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thanks, Joan! Which one would you like to try? There are 5 of them. We could try one and see how it goes.

My thought was to add a bit of variety to the board. Anyone remember when Joker and Hardy Har Har used to post daily jokes here? Actually I hardly ever read them because the board was so busy back then that I could hardly keep up with the other posts but they were something different, lightening up the place a bit.

I googled "word games for message boards" and found the list.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

6. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

The all white puzzle would be a real challenge. All you have is the shape of each piece, and no picture to give you a clue as to where it goes. Agate wants to do that one, she's just being difficult.
    Evolution spans the Universe.

8. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pegakafarmgirl View Post
    had this done in 6 hours,,was so nice to have it done with my hospital,, 1st infusion was 5 hours,, second one was 4 1/ 2 ,, I guess it is different each time,, next one is Feb 6th
    I do my infusions at a center that is 15 minutes from my home and a very easy drive. After all the years I have been doing one chemo or another the nurses all know me and I have seen pictures of their children from infancy to well into their 20ís!
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

10. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by agate View Post
    Thanks, Joan! Which one would you like to try? There are 5 of them. We could try one and see how it goes.

My thought was to add a bit of variety to the board. Anyone remember when Joker and Hardy Har Har used to post daily jokes here? Actually I hardly ever read them because the board was so busy back then that I could hardly keep up with the other posts but they were something different, lightening up the place a bit.

I googled "word games for message boards" and found the list.
    I love word games. Start a new OT thread .... The pantry game sounds like fun. The only one I couldn't wrap.my head around is the go fish one, but I'd play any of the others.

12. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Oh...And the movie game. I don't see enough movies to be able to participate in that one..

14. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Another fun word game I've seen on another board: someone posts a word. It could be anything. Like "cat". The next person to post has to post a word that relates: here it could go in a lot of directions -- types of cats, wild cats, famous cats.....or "dogs", or "pets" .....which lead to other words, and so on. The thread I see on another board is now over 3,000 words long, going on for years.

16. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

Cherie, thatís very very frustrating.
    Is it first come first served, or do they take any number of qualifying patients?

Since the doc dropped the ball, can he call the study and tell them to consider D avid like a patient who was screened in early August? Or, is it not first come first served?

The whole process sounds very difficult. It would seem easy if you knew he got the real stuff...I donít see the value of placebo here. Why not just compare it to a matched group whose only use is of Aricept, or to untreated dementia....

18. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

Sure, on the games thread agate. If it’s not wanted, it would be clear within a few weeks!

20. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast