Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: OT August Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member

Agate, I don't think I want to do an all white jigsaw puzzle - or black. Thanks for reminding me that I can get one on line. (how could I forget) What kind of roll up thing were you and Cat talking about. I always left mine out on a table while I was working on it, but now I don't have a place that I want to tie up that long.

Sunshine, start with a day and then start trying for a week. So glad you had that day free of pain.
    Virginia

2. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Peg, thanks for starting us off and good luck w your infusion. And, please tell us about the food at the reunion.

Hi Virginia, crosspost. You can also take out puzzles at many libraries.

ANN
    Last edited by stillstANNding; 08-01-2018 at 01:55 PM.
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

4. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Cherie's Avatar

Home from NH today with spotty showers on the 5 hour ride home. Actually about 5 degrees cooler here than in the mountains but more humid.

6. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Thumbs up

There's no place like home. Welcome home!
    Evolution spans the Universe.

8. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Just tossing this out here to see if anyone might be interested. We could start one of these games in an off-topic thread and people could drop in and post in it if they wanted to. I got the game suggestions from another Website:

Rhyme Time

This game is extremely easy and is extremely fun. Simply post the instructions along with one word. Try to choose a word that isn’t too unusual, because the next four people will choose words that rhyme with your word. The fifth person will rhyme with your word, and they will choose a new word to start over again.

ABC Animals

The object of this game is to start with the letter “A” and post the name of an animal that begins with the letter “A.” The next person posting on the message board should post an animal that starts with the letter “B.” For example, start this game by posting the word “ape.” The next person might choose the word “buffalo.” Use your imagination!

Message Board Go Fish

Remember playing the card game, “Go Fish,” when you were a kid? This game is a great way to get to know new people on the message boards, and it’s extremely entertaining. Start by asking a simple question that requires a definite yes or no answer. For example, ask the question, “Do you like fish?” If the next person likes fish, he or she answers by saying yes, and the person that answers asks a new question. If the person answering doesn’t like fish, they reply with the phrase “go fish.” Another person chooses to answer by saying “yes” and posting a new question or they forfeit by saying “go fish.” The question is then passed on to someone else.

What’s in Your Pantry?

This game is simple, but it’s a fun way to find out what other people keep in their pantry. Start by posting something from your pantry that starts with the letter “A.” The next person posts something in their pantry that starts with the letter “B,” and so on. For example, you could start with the word “applesauce,” and the next person might post the word “bread.”

Movie ABC's

If you like movies try this one out. Simply start with the letter “A,” and post the title of one of your favorite movies. The next player posts his/her favorite movie title beginning with a letter “B.” For instance, post the title “Apocalypse Now.” The next player could post the movie title “Battlefield Earth.” This is a great way to learn even more about your message boards friends.
    If anyone is interested, just say the word and I'll be happy to start up a thread.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

10. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

I don't play games, sorry. Unless we play Doctor.
    Evolution spans the Universe.

12. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

We're already playing doctor here, aren't we? Oh no, that's exactly not what we're doing, come to think of it. We're always telling people we're not doctors.

But if others were doing a game here, you just might change your mind.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

14. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Pegakafarmgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Usually the first infusion of the cycle takes longer because they run it slowly and keep ramping up the speed if all is going well. The next infusion two weeks later is usually faster. Peg, mine takes about 6 hours the first time and maybe 5 for the second infusion. How does that compare with your time?

had this done in 6 hours,,was so nice to have it done with my hospital,, 1st infusion was 5 hours,, second one was 4 1/ 2 ,, I guess it is different each time,, next one is Feb 6th
    " Don't outsmart your common sense"

Peg

16. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Cherie's Avatar

Agate,
    Sorry...not interested in the game.

Peg,
    It seems my infusions are shorter each time because we now know my tolerance and the staff knows me. So glad you don't have the drive to add on.

I am not looking forward to all of the driving and time spent each month for more than a year an a half for David to be in this Clinical trial. The coordinator said I would only be needed every 4th or 5th visit to fill out forms and updates but the website for professionals involved in the trial noted that a "caregiver who is with the patient at least 12 hours a week must accompany to every visit and infusion. The coordinator did not know that there are cardiac symptoms in 1% of the participants which is why there is a two hour observation after infusion (including placebo arm). He did not know that vitiligo (loss of pigmentation from an inflammatory event) disqualified potential participants and David has white spots all over both arms for 20 years now since a bad sunburn while in the caribbean. Don't know if that counts. He called David to set up a 4 hour screening appointment where I needed to be present a week and a half ago. It was in his saved voice mail because he did not know what to do with the call and forgot about it till his VM was full and we were driving to NH and playing back calls. So now, his first screening visit which could have been day after tomorrow has to wait till August 29th which is the last possible screening appointment to get into the trial because he did not call back. I think it would greatly disturb him if he knew I was sharing this with all of you but it feels like a safe place where there is little or no intersection with him on FB.

18. The following 9 users say "thanks"

Virginia, if you search on Amazon for jigsaw puzzle mat, youll.see what I mean -- essentially a piece of heavy felt, attached to a cardboard tube.....like paper towels. Only you roll out the felt, work on the puzzle on the felt, then roll it up around the tube when you need the table for something else. The pieces sort of settle into the felt as it's rolled up, but when unrolled, the felt will fluff back up. They will.remain in place....assuming you're careful.with the rolling or moving it around.

20. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast