Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast

Thread: OT August Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member jendie's Avatar

I'm back, sort of. I have a new laptop which is a good thing since I'm starting college classes again in September and writing papers from my phone isn't as easy as it is from a laptop. My other one had some issues and was at least 3-4 years old.

I'm about 80% recovered from the concussion, though I do have problems keeping my thoughts on track, I'm easily distracted. I have an appointment with my neuro on Monday and hopefully I'll get scheduled for my next Rituxan infusion during that time.

Jendie
    I've been a member of this forum during its different incarnations since I was dx in 9/98

2. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jendie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm back, sort of. I have a new laptop which is a good thing since I'm starting college classes again in September and writing papers from my phone isn't as easy as it is from a laptop. My other one had some issues and was at least 3-4 years old.

I'm about 80% recovered from the concussion, though I do have problems keeping my thoughts on track, I'm easily distracted. I have an appointment with my neuro on Monday and hopefully I'll get scheduled for my next Rituxan infusion during that time.
    Good luck with all you are planning. I always know when my rituxan is wearing off and I need a new infusion. My schedule is always preset by my neuro and oncologist so that my new infusion starts within a day of the 6 month framework.

I forget if you told but, what are you studying? I love school and miss it ...especially each September.
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

4. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Welcome back Jendie.
    Evolution spans the Universe.

6. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Glad that you are doing better, Jendie, and that you plan to go back to school next month.
    I miss you when you’re not here.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

8. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

Cherie, I am thinking of you. ... so sorry to hear you’re suffering

Rose,

I hung on every word. This is a wonderful and inspiring story , both yours in handling a very hard situation, and his in being able to open his soul and see the people behind the plumbing emergency, and not just the pipes....

10. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Cherie, I hope that the trouble you've been having will have resolved itself by now.

Jendie, that's really good news that you're well on the way to getting over the concussion--and about to resume your studies. I can imagine that writing papers using a phone would be difficult! Hope you can find an easier way!

It just may not go into the upper 90s here today for a change. We've almost broken the record for the total number of days over 90 here for the year. I was really glad to learn that the forecast today is for a high of 86'.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

12. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Jendie, so glad to see you again, and happy you are back in business with the laptop. I think it is great that you are going to start classes again soon. If I recall correctly, your Neuro was quite a distance away. Is it still that one and do you go that far for the Rituxan?

Ann on the Cape, if you are reading it is finalized that Amazon distribution center is coming to Garner which is considered part of Raleigh now. That is where my brothers have moved to. I am hoping that they will decide that they have invested enough in this area with that, and will go someplace else for their headquarters, which is mainly what I dreaded. We are still on the list, but I can't see it. Apple is also opening up something in this area that will bring more unneeded traffic in. Garner where Amazon distribution center is going has 100% employment. However, the paper stated how many people move to this county every day and I can't remember how many there were but it staggered me.

Agate, I don't know what our temperature got up to today, but it was really hot. I went out to pick up a prescription and went to the grocery store and it was breathtaking.

Cherie, have thought of you today and hope you are feeling better.

Rose, I guess you are still cleaning after yesterday's disaster.
    Virginia

14. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Virginia, when you mentioned going out in the heat to pick up a prescription, I realize how lucky I am to have found a pharmacy that delivers.

Just after moving here I had my rx's, including Copaxone, at the Safeway and had to go there to pick them up, often with a long wait. Then Copaxone was sent to me directly from Shared Solutions, and I found a pharmacy that delivered the others.

Then I changed to another pharmacy that delivered (the only other one so far as I know) and have used it for about 8 years now. It has changed its name 3 times but not its address, and so I didn't worry.

But then I found out that they'd moved to another state, in effect, even though it's Vancouver, WA, just across the river. It seems to many people like part of Portland but legally it's WA.

Since they are delivering, I figured that wouldn't be a problem. Except that they're also changing the way they deliver the rx's. No more pills in bottles. They will set up the meds in medisets--little compartmentalized blister-packs that are hard for me to get open.

I wonder if this is what all pharmacies are doing now?

A special representative came out here a couple of weeks ago to show me the mediset. She supplied me with a special gadget to make it easier to peel off the covering but it's stlll not easy.

Then when I tried to call in my rx refills yesterday I was told that I wasn't in their system. I waited most of the day for someone to call me back. Finally someone did, and supposedly it's all straightened out, and my rx's will be coming somehow or other. Maybe by UPS. That part of this new changeover isn't clear.

In spite of all of that, I'm really very lucky not to have to go out for rx's.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

16. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Agate, on occasion I’ve had to take an OTC that came that way. It is a pain. Maybe you could call the Portland Elder Services and ask about another local place that delivers meds the old fashioned plastic bottles.

Virginia, sorry that you got the distribution center. I have been told that we have the “Alexa people.” I don’t know if that’s true. I hope that neither of us gets the second headquarters.

Cherie, I hope you have come to a calm, peaceful resolution of your situation or problem. I always want the best for you and everyone here.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

18. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Agate, I have not heard of any pharmacies in my area who deliver. I am going to google and see if there are any. I think they would probably send some Rxs through the mail. However, with my mailbox being located down one block from me and out in the open, I don't think that would be a good option for me. The heat makes it really just not a good idea. In the winter if it snows I can't get to the mailbox. The people who I have my Prescription Part D through will mail my medications to me, but then I still have the same problem. My Rebif is fine because they put it on ice and leave it on my porch. I am glad you are able to get yours delivered. I hope it does not become a problem now that they have moved. Maybe it is now straightened out. I do hope I don't get those little compartmentalized sets that you are talking about. Like Ann, I have gotten them in over the counter medicine and hated it.
    Virginia

20. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast