Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast

Thread: OT August Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member SuzE-Q's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pegakafarmgirl View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    okay ladies,, there was pulled pork sandwiches,,hot dogs,, potato salad, my baked beans,, cauliflower salad,,baked beans,,taco salads,,cooler corn,, cream cheese brownies,,peach crisp/apple crisp,,watermelon/cantaloupe,, ..
    Peg,

Yum!

Do you think you could add the recipes for the cauliflower and taco salads to Cat's food thread, pretty please?

I've never tried a cauliflower salad, but it's something I could use more of in my diet!
    Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.

Per Mike Weins: "...the admin/mod team doesn't have to provide a forewarning/warning/mention about altering a members post. It doesn't matter if they fix a link, remove a link, fix a typo, or whatever...."

2. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Iíll have the peach/apple crisp and some cauliflower salad for my mom. Please and thank you!

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

4. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

No sleep last night, but I didn't let that slow me down. About 6:00, I made my pasta. Then went to the dump to take one bag of trash, then went to the store. I'm all done, and will probably try sleeping. Everyone have a great day!
    Evolution spans the Universe.

6. The following 7 users say "thanks"

What’s your pasta and sauce this time, Howie?

You have a good day, too.

We are traveling to the tip of Cape Cod today. I’ll be in the ocean tomorrow. :-)
    ANN

8. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pegakafarmgirl View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hi gang,, week is finally almost done,, my brothers are home in Texas/Arizona,, which was so nice to see them,"but" glad to see them go,,,, we canned 9 quarts of potatoes this morning,, our very 1st time canning potatoes, so we will see if this pans out,,,family reunion was good,, lots of food,,,,grandkids have been up,,

Linda hang in there

later then,,

What did you do to can potatoes? We stored about 100 handlebaskets last season and planted them as seed potatoes this season. Came out great. Our organic potato seed bill is thousands each year so this will save us a fortune. And we will get what we want!
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

10. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

Ann, I made the same pasta I made last time. I thought I picked up some noodles I had never had, and when I got it home, it was the exact same I made last time. I guess no sleep is catching up with me. I made the coleslaw yesterday, so I'm ready to eat.
    Evolution spans the Universe.

12. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

When you can’t sleep (and it’s not due to late in the day caffeine)
    Try this website
    www.pixelthoughts.co

14. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Unhappy

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

When I walked out into the garage this morning ready to start my walk, I discovered that our garage is flooded. Water gushing out of our water heater tank. Somehow it sprayed upwards, and water is dripping from the rafters. Boxes with the flooring for our kitchen, Jon's supplies, etc. etc. all soaked. Same with the washer and dryer.

Jim got the ladder to check the top of the tank. Then attached the hose to the tank to divert the water to the driveway/curb. Doesn't sound like much, but he overdid.

I called our plumber, and someone will be here mid day. We'll probably need a new water heater. Meanwhile, we have no water serving the house.

It's quite hot and humid, and neither Jim nor I have the energy or strength to clean up the mess.

Thankfully, we have a very nice plumbing company, and they understand our situation.

Bummer in the summer ...

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad.

16. The following 9 users say "thanks"

Rose, I hope you did not loose too many supplies. What a bad start to the day.

If you weren’t so hot, I’d make you a cuppa.

ANN
    On the road again

18. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Oh Rose, more headaches for you and Jim. I am so sorry. I hope your plumber is extra nice today. You two deserve it.

Peg, I'll take the cauliflower salad, never had any. But if your are shipping on ice I'll take some of all of it. That menu made me want to move to Iowa.

Ann, have a good trip and a safe one.
    Virginia

20. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast