Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Happy July 4!

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Happy July 4!

Happy Independence Day!

Most people reading here seem to be in the US, and today is our country's birthday. Will you be doing anything special today?

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

Later today, but just listening, not watching.
    Last edited by Howie; 07-04-2018 at 09:39 AM.
    "A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

Nothing special here. Just same old slog of Sunshine versus spasms.

4. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Happy 4th to everyone. I will be staying at home and trying to get myself to vacuum sometime this afternoon. Maybe I will hear but I will not see fireworks tonight.
    Virginia

6. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

I'm finding it a little difficult to celebrate our independence, freedom, and Constitutional rights given the current administration's attacks on all of them.

While Jim and Jon slept this morning, I watched the annual Huntington Beach parade on TV.

I intend to make potato salad, veggie burgers and baked beans for Jim and me, since Jim's appetite is back in full swing, thankfully. We'll watch the Dodgers' game. We'll probably watch July 4 specials on TV in the evening.

Since we're surrounded by amusement parks, a baseball stadium, and other venues, we will get the full blast of bombs bursting in air tonight. Our city also has a fireworks show. And our stupid city council legalized personal (safe and sane ~ ha!) fireworks, after they'd been banned for 20 years. Ugh! Plenty of people buy illegal fireworks, and our large Asian population is fond of firecrackers. So the noise will continue well after midnight.

And we will be praying that no fires erupt, particularly in our vicinity. Apparently, a large wildfire is raging near Sacramento. No doubt there will be more as the summer progresses.

It will be about 110 in our city over the weekend. Additional fire danger. But hey! What's the 4th of July without polluting our air and potentially setting off fatal wildfires? Right?

Hope that everyone stays cool and safe.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad.

8. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Happy 4th of July to everyone at BT. :)
    Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar

Smile

:) Happy 4th everyone. I was going to go to Jim's for a cookout but had left over ribs, beans and potato salad from the neighbor. I called Jim and cancelled and took a nap. However all the fireworks the neighbors have are loud and I did not sleep.

Now I will keep Lacy company while she shakes being scared. Besides the fireworks there was thunder and rain. Jeanie:)

11. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Cherie's Avatar

Just got home from the condo a little before 6. Got the A/C window unit into my office (goodness but this house got hot over the past 5 days all shut up!). Dave and a friend have gone to the fireworks and preshow of live music a few blocks from here. I am catching up on laundry. Hate the heat and the crowd over there but can still see fireworks through the trees so I will know they are over a good 20 minutes before Dave shows up back here again.

13. The following 5 users say "thanks"

I watched the show on the mall in D.C. I heard some fireworks in a neighboring community (not mine), but they stopped at 9. So all is over here I guess. I washed some clothes that will now need to be ironed, tomorrow I hope. However, I am not making myself any promises about that. I'll do the best I can.

Hope all enjoyed their 4th.
    Virginia

15. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

I heard a few fireworks, but they must have scaled it down this year. I heard a few booms, but that was it. Sam was sitting right with me, and she didn't think a thing of it, never even raised her head.

Since I have 2 cars, and neither of them are running, I have to at least get the PT Cruiser running tomorrow. I don't like feeling like I am trapped.

The fireworks are over, so calm down, and get a good night's sleep!
    Last edited by Howie; 07-04-2018 at 07:37 PM.
    "A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."

17. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast