Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Happy July 4!

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Many residents protested against allowing personal fireworks in our city again. Our city council, like our police department, is corrupt. They argued that the Kiwanis and Rotary Clubs used fireworks as a fund raiser. Yet, they managed to raise funds without fireworks sales for many years.

I've lived here for most of my life, and I know it is a waste of energy to fight City Hall. Bless all of those residents, who have tried. I don't have the time or energy for a futile fight.

It's our Homeowner's Association, which I want to persuade to disallow personal fireworks in our planned community. We could add it to our CC&Rs, and we have a Patrol Service, which usually just hauls away cars parked on the streets, which could patrol our neighborhood on the 4th and cite anyone using fireworks. But I am in the minority in our community now, and I'm the only resident, who actually contacts our property manager about common area issues. So, I strongly doubt that they'd go for this suggestion.

Anyway, I am up to my eyeballs in contending with Jon's and Jim's issues and needs. I don't really have time to engage in a battle with our HOA.

Yes, on a good night, I go to bed at 3 a.m. On not so good nights, it's closer to 4:30 a.m. My days average about 20 hours. I'm permanently exhausted.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad.

2. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123