Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21262728293031

Thread: OT July Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Cherie)))))) ~

We have no one. We just order ready made products from dispensaries. I am going to really look into CannaCauses, because it would be nice to have individual attention.

Do you take Ativan for sleep? THC will definitely help you with sleep. You might want to consider weaning off Ativan slowly, while introducing the CBD/THC.

I will be following your journey closely and praying it works wonders for you.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad.

2. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

Cherie:

If they have patients in Florida, Jessica McCain MD is an MMJ doc and knows her stuff.

The big expert that the docs learn from is in northern New England,(Maine? VT?) and his name is Dustin Sulak DO. I suggest you consider a consultation with him.

Don’t be put off by his ponytail LOL! He knows what he is doing. Seems like most of the MMJ experts right now are a bit different.

https://healer.com/about-us/
    Last edited by Sunshine; 07-31-2018 at 06:13 AM.

4. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Sunshine, Howie has a ponytail, so we all should be use to it by now. He has been so quite lately that I am getting concerned about him.
    Virginia

6. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Cherie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Earth Mother 2 Angels View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ((((((Cherie)))))) ~

We have no one. We just order ready made products from dispensaries. I am going to really look into CannaCauses, because it would be nice to have individual attention.

Do you take Ativan for sleep? THC will definitely help you with sleep. You might want to consider weaning off Ativan slowly, while introducing the CBD/THC.

I will be following your journey closely and praying it works wonders for you.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Yes I do Rose. I used to take very high doses to keep me asleep for at least 6 hours (6-8 mg before bed) but over the past three years have weaned down to 2 mg. Can't seem to get below there. Hoping this will help. Already anticipating cutting pills in quarters and slowly going down a half mg at a time. Aryn (CEO of CannaCauses) thinks it may be a reasonable expectation to be off it in 4-8 weeks. He is sending me samples of two different concentrations to try. 24:1 for 4 days, a day off then 5:1 for 4 days if the 24:1 has no appreciable impact.

Sunshine,
    I know there are knowledgeable niches here and there. Just wish we could network them all to be an educational collaborative for their peers. I am not put off by ponytails.

In our last day in the Western Edge of the White Mountains in Northern NH. Home tomorrow as both of us have several commitments starting again on Thursday.

Blessings all.

8. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

Talking about my ponytail are we? If I DIDN'T pull my hair back in a ponytail, then THAT would be something to talk about. LOOK, A WILD MAN!

I just woke up. I'm getting into a night person schedule. TV is better at night, and it's cooler. But getting groceries at night around here is impossible. They roll up the sidewalks at 11.

Everyone have a great evening!
    Evolution spans the Universe.

10. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Howie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Talking about my ponytail are we? If I DIDN'T pull my hair back in a ponytail, then THAT would be something to talk about. LOOK, A WILD MAN!

I just woke up. I'm getting into a night person schedule. TV is better at night, and it's cooler. But getting groceries at night around here is impossible. They roll up the sidewalks at 11.

Everyone have a great evening!
    ...Or you could think about a haircut. Someone as clever at dentistry as you are would find haircutting to be a piece of cake.

Jigsaw puzzles:

Virginia, for years I did jigsaw puzzles--usually 1,000 or 1,500 pieces. I even had one of those rollup deals because I didn't want to leave a puzzle lying around. Cats enjoy jigsaw puzzles too but in their own way.

I bought quite a few puzzles from Bits and Pieces and occasionally there would be an offer of a free puzzle from them. They're still around though their puzzles don't seem as attractive as they used to be, IMO.

Also, Amazon.com has many jigsaws to choose from. This one looks impossible but there are others:

https://smile.amazon.com/Beverly-Mic...jigsaw+puzzles

And after you finish the all-white one, there's an all-black one.....
    Last edited by agate; 07-31-2018 at 01:10 PM.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

12. The following 6 users say "thanks"

I love jigsaw puzzles...but with cats --even with the roll-up, they're a challenge. All those little bits and pieces are lovely to chew on..... I had dozens at one point, but have given them away over the years to children and grandchildren of my friends. I do enjoy working on them, though. If you're just starting out, start with the ones with fewer and larger pieces..then when you get the "hang" of it..and there is indeed a pattern to most of the puzzles...subsequent ones will come together more easily. Like books in series, if you buy from the same publisher, there is a similarity to them as you put them together.

14. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

Today was the best day since I got SPS! My background pain went from 4-6 down to 0-2!

And, the stiffness reduced about 75%

Yesterday I got my second Shingrix shot. And it made me feel feverish.... Might that be pertinent? Might my immune system be tied up making antibodies to Shingles, and thus not attacking my nervous system?

Let’s see how tomorrow goes.... but at least I had today!

16. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All))) ~

Cherie ~

Wow! 6-8 mg of Ativan! I can't even imagine taking that much! That's about the amount Jon has received to stop a tonic clonic seizure, when in ICU. And then, he's out for days. I'm so glad that you were able to wean down to 2 mg. And since you did that, I would guess that weaning off of 2 mg will not be as difficult, particularly if you have CBD/THC on board.

How many milligrams of CBD and THC are in the ratios of CannaCauses' tinctures?

Praying it works for you!

Sunshine ~

That's great news! It sure would seem that the vaccine correlates to this change. I wonder whether other SPS patients have had the same experience. I also wonder whether other vaccines (like pneumonia or flu) would have the same effect. I pray this continues for you!

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad.

18. The following 8 users say "thanks"

So happy you had this day, Sunshine! Let’s go for two!

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

20. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21262728293031