Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021

Thread: OT July Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

Artist? Did someone call?

Actually, I am, or was, an artist. All but a few of the framed pictures in my house were done by me. But now, I can't even hold a pencil thanks to you know what.

I stayed up late last night. As long as there's something on TV to watch, I stay up and watch it. I did drink all my beer, but don't feel like going to the store today to get more.

I did make coffee which I'm drinking now, and while that was brewing, I made some coleslaw. It's good I love it, because I have it everyday.

Well, everyone enjoy your evening!
    "A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."

2. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Howie, since you can paint, my upstairs is ready to be painted.

Agate, is the baby blanket for your new little one? If so he will keep it for many years just because you made it for him. My Mother could crochet, but she also followed instructions. Still, I treasure the few things of hers that she did.

Sorry, you're feeling a bit discouraged. Wish you could just go out and take a ride in that AC van whenever you wanted to. Wouldn't it be nice if there was one just for handicapped people or people who just don't drive. Then you could meet people with whom you might have a connection with some of them. Just dreaming.
    You've always been such an encourager for all the rest of us, I wish there was something we could say to make you feel better.
    Virginia

4. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Hi Virginia!

My grandmothers both crocheted, knitted, tatted complete tablecloths and did sewing in general. My mom’s mom taught me to crochet. I follow patterns. I tried to learn to knit but I’d be knitting along and find out I was pearling or the other way round. Just couldn’t learn. This was as an adult. The teacher said that it was often hard to teach people to knit who were crocheters first. Not impossible. I stayed in the group because the women had all bonded, including me.

Yesterday I ordered a 3 mo Copaxone supply. They asked the usual stupid question, “Are you better, worse or the same?” I explain that it is not supposed to make you better. Then they added a new question: “Did you have any MS symptoms in the last 3 months?” Well, yes! “Which ones?” I told her to put down fatigue and leave it at that or we’d be on the phone for a very long time!

ANN
    Last edited by stillstANNding; Today at 02:13 PM.
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

6. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Ann, my Great Grandmother taught me to knit, but this was when I was a child. I did not keep it up and have forgotten everything I knew. I am sorry I didn't try to do a little along. I also use to go to places that sold hobby like items. One time I got a pocket book and a lot of things that I put on it. This was when I was in my early 30s. I think I maybe used some kind of paste or something to put them on. Again, it is too long ago to remember, but I do remember enjoying doing it. I am not at all artistic so I have always had to follow instructions for anything I do.

When I get Rebif they always ask me if I think it is helping me. I always just say yes I do. This cuts down on the conversation and since they have never told me why they are getting this information I am not too comfortable saying a lot. I always think "Are they going to take it away from me"? if I say anything different.

By the way, when I went to get my hair cut and color Monday one lady said she thought that Amazon is coming here. She said she read something in the paper. The area that she quoted is where my brothers have moved to. But I am not sure anyone knows for sure. I am still hoping not.
    Last edited by Virginia; Today at 03:45 PM.
    Virginia

8. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Cherie's Avatar

Thanks to all for the advice and support. Medical MMJ is legal here. I have used CBD oil and Hemp oil but never noticed any improvement taking it sublingually. It does wonders when a few drops are applied to the skin over patches of neuropathy. I am aware of anecdotal reports of it helping mood in AD.

Hot here today. I feel sluggish with the humidity. Hot air balloon festival here this weekend. We are housing two of the balloonists here and David is crewing for them. I think my crewing days are over although I enjoyed it for years I can't take the exertion in the heat and still stay on top of my game.

10. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021