Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: OT July Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member

Howie, it really is a bad day when the car will not start and you don't know why. I know you just recently got that battery and that makes it even more frustrating. You will feel a little better when this is straightened out. Your Sister is wonderful, but she should help you. If it was the other way around you would be there for her. She might like that you need her just a little bit.

My middle brother called tonight and said he and his wife had just eaten at the Red Robin and they had a lot of crispy chicken tender salad with honey mustard dressing. He asked if he could bring it to me. They do not eat leftovers (weird). Anyway, since the restaurant is not close by I started to say no, but then I thought the heck with it, let them bring it. He didn't get out of the car. Just sent his wife to the door with lots of food. He is probably feeling a little guilty about moving and leaving me so far from everyone. I am kidding about that!

Howie, things will look brighter I just am not sure when. Glimmers of Hope is what drives us forward.
    Virginia

2. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Happy anniversary, Nuthatch.

We are in the heat here. In the high nineties with a dew point in the high 70’s putting us at over 110 heat index. Very dangerous for many people.

Peter had the day off so he took me to physical therapy. Then we went to lunch at a diner for pancakes w real maple syrup.

After that we got cat food at the pet store and then met Boston Drain back at the house to deal w roots in our sewer main. It only took only 20” and we can run the dishwasher, take baths, do laundry and flush again! I noticed the symptoms early. And called this morning.

I hear the serious conversation. I want very much to live. I enjoy my life but circumstances can change. You never know what you’ll do until faced w severe pain or adversity.

ANN
    Last edited by stillstANNding; 07-03-2018 at 05:49 PM.
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

4. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Cherie's Avatar

Happy, happy anniversary Nuthatch.

Howie, you are WAY too young to be thinking like this!

First degree relatives is siblings and their children, cousins and their children. As far as I know, none of my siblings, cousins or their children have registered with 23 and me. There is far greater security on this program than Ancestry in that no one can know you or where you are or how to contact you unless you consent to them reaching out. You have to give specific permission for anyone to have your contact information. David got his ancestry results. He is :

100% European.
    83.4% British and Irish
    7.2% North Western European
    6.,2% Frenchand German
    2.7% Scandavian
    No Native American
    No African
    No Asian
    No Eastern European

We know his family (both sides) came to the US from England and Scotland over the past 120 years so this makes sense.

David had No genes for Alzheimers, Parkinsons, cancers, intolerances....nothing!

6. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Cherie, both of you have good genes it appears.

I have a friend who's son-in-law is adopted. His wife gave him a gift for 23and Me. He was contacted by a very distant cousin and expected to hear no more. The cousin happened to be talking to a lady who she is also kin to and was telling her about talking to this man in Georgia who was adopted. The lady she was talking to started asking a lot of questions and said "that is my son". It turned out to be 100% true. They have since met and he has found that he has half sisters. Things are going well between them, but he does not want to hurt his adopted Mother's feelings so he is being careful. She explained why she gave him up for adoption and he accepted it. I guess you never know. He certainly wasn't planning on anything like that. He found out who is real Father was, but he is now dead. However, he had gone on to do good things with his life, which made this young man feel good.
    Virginia

8. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Hi Virginia, we cross-posted above.

Cherie, that’s great that Dave’s DNA was neg to all that was tested for!

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

10. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar

Smile

:) Today I took Lacy to get her nails done. Then home and Andy came to do my trash and recycle. My van's AC was blowing hot air and it is over 100 heat index.

So I went to my mechanic and he put gas in it but said my evaporator is leaking bad and it probably will all leak out quick. The repair estimate is $1800.00. I am hoping it lasts until tomorrow night as I have to drive 40 miles to Jim's and back in the early (hottest) afternoon.

I stopped at the grocery for a few items and home. My neighbor came over with a plate of BBQ ribs, potato salad and baked beans. Andy had taken them some mangoes. I think I got the best part of that. I am grateful I was able to do all that today. I am bushed. Jeanie :)

12. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member nuthatch's Avatar

Aside from the increased fire danger and pets being terrified, here's another reason why fireworks should be banned.
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ju...rks/ar-AAzycoY

14. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

Virginia, his real father is the man who put time, love and work for 18 years and more, to raise him. The other man is not the real father...he is the biological father...important distinction...language matters.

16. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Sunshine that is very true. I should have said he found out who is biological father was. It was kind of an unbelievable story. If the original lady who was a distant cousin had not contacted him and then had not later just happened to be talking to the birth mother none of this would have ever happened. I think if a person has always known they were adopted (which he did know) then no matter the love they had for their parents who adopted and raised them, they might always have some curiosity about their birth parents and why they were given up for adoption. He will never have the connection and history to his birth parents that he does to his adopted parents. However, he now understands better what happened.
    Virginia

18. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

I totally agree. It’s commom to have curiosity about bio family for sure.

The bio mom was probably relieved to have found him and know he was well cared for and doing well. Giving a baby up for adoption I imagine creates lifelong concern and hope that the baby was adopted by good parents.

20. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast