Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: OT July Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar

Smile

:) Lacy takes Apoquel already for her allergies. She hears the thunder when it is far away even.

Several years ago my son Jim was taking care of my dog while David and I went to be with my Mother. He got out in a thunderstorm and ran about 2 miles away. Jim did not call me and when I got home he had been gone for days. I put signs up all around the area. A lady called and said she has a dog that fits the description but will not come out from under her bed.

He had crossed a major road and was in the very back of a nearby subdivision. When I reached under to grab him he bit me. Then he realized it was me and came out. I was very lucky to get him back. Jeanie :)

2. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

Peg, I am so sorry about losing your cat. It sounds heartstopping to have such a traumatic death.

4. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Cherie's Avatar

Happy July. Coming to you from our condo in Northern New Hampshire. 90s up here. [I]'m pretty much staying inside with the AC while Dave sits out in the sun by the lake or river. Today, before it got too hot, Dave had me drop him off at Cannon Mountain and took the bike path back here (about 10 miles of up and down relatively impressive grades). Now he's negotiating an offer on a property he showed Saturday morning before we left home. Isn't this age of electronic communication great?!?!

Got my 23andMe results this morning. I knew that family from both Mom's and Dad's sides had come from England and Scotland but was under the impression that it was rumored that Mom's grandfather was Mohawk Indian. Results are as follows:

UK (England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales) 45.2%
    French/German/Netherlands 28%
    Northern European (Iceland, Viking, Scandanavia) 17.4%
    Iberia (Spain/Portugal) 3.4%

No Native American
    No African
    No Asian
    No Eastern European

The Health portion says I do not have any of the three genes for BRCA1 or BRCA2 that cause breast, ovarian cancers and am also not at high risk for pancreatic cancer or Melanoma
    I do not have the markers for Parkinsons
    I do have one marker for potential late onset Alzheimers
    Most other things are non events. There is no marker for MS yet.

I apparently have over a thousand 1st degree relatives (cousins) in the US and Canada mostly in NY, MA and CA

6. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Happy anniversary, nuthatch!

I've heard that today is nuthatch's wedding anniversary:

8. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Nuthatch (Joan) Happy Anniversary! I hope you and hubby are planning on doing something real special to celebrate this great occasion. Both of you have a good day and evening.

Cherie, you always knew you came from a big family, but I doubt you were thinking 1,000 more. Any chance you are going to try and contact any of them?
    Virginia

10. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Smile

Well, it was payday, and I had everything planned out in order. So I leave the house and get in the car, turned the key, and nothing! I knew something was up because the doors didn't unlock when I pushed the button on my keychain to unlock the doors.

So I unlocked it the "old fashioned way", putting the key in the door lock, and turning it. I was now inside, put the key in the ignition, turned it, and NOTHING! This is a brand new battery!

I came in and called my sister. What would I do without her helping me whenever I need help?

She came down, and we mailed my bills, then took me to the bank, then CVS....twice....and I am still short of one med that's supposed to come in tomorrow. But because I keep my pills when I end up with an extra one or two, I have enough to last me until CVS gets a new supply.

I have a good battery in the pink car which I will put into the PT Cruiser.....but not today. My balance was terrible today. More than usual, and I'm not sure why. I didn't sleep well the last few nights, but I sure will tonight.

I hope everyone has a great day!
    Last edited by Howie; 07-03-2018 at 07:41 AM.
    "A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."

12. The following 8 users say "thanks"

That sounds very hard Howie. We are so dependent on others....

Did you start a new med recently?

I know you can unlock car with tha valet key. Check manual to see how to start car if th key battery is dead? Here is a link with possibilities. Might be others. Google how to start car with dead key battery
    http://bestride.com/news/technology/...ey-fob-is-dead

14. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Happy anniversary nuthatch!

16. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

Thanks Sunshine, that's some valuable information. I'll save it on my computer.

And I've started no new meds. I tried a few that had a bad reaction for me. So for a while, I've been on the ones I've taken for years. If my BP is a little high, then maybe that's normal for me, and trying to force it lower doesn't work for me.

To me, it's about how I feel, not reaching some number. I could be wrong, but I'm 64, and ready to die. Living is more than your heart keeps beating. I'm not really living now. I just stay alive, but nothing more. My "life" is boring.

And for the mother hens, I would never commit suicide, period!
    "A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."

18. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I could be wrong, but I'm 64, and ready to die.
    Oh gimme a break. The government is paying us to take care of ourselves. It did just that today, once again, coming through for us still in spite of everything.

It's too bad about your car, but your sister is an angel. I hope that if the battery is defective, you can get it replaced at no cost to you. You said it's new--are there warranties on car batteries?

Maybe there will be an easier fix. I hope so.

Cherie, does 23andMe give you any information about the 1,000+ first-degree relatives?
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

20. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast