Page 1 of 24 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: OT July Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member Pegakafarmgirl's Avatar

Default OT July Chit Chat

Hello,, mid/west has had some big storms go thru,, had one go thru tonight,, Des Moines had 7 1/2 inches of rain,, river is rising,,

not much going on,,,, our garden took a direct hit,, to much rain.and soot,, a lot of plants died,,:-(,., we spread 4 ton of rock today on our lane,, which needed it bad,, our son came with his skid loader to help his dad

4th of July we have a family picnic,,which is fun,, lots of food,,games for the kids,,

went to the neuro Thursday,, I really like him,, very willing to help,, he is going to let me do the infusion in my hospital,,

a sad note Mellow Yellow {kitten} got run over,, :-(

later
    " Don't outsmart your common sense"

Peg

2. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Peg, Happy July! Sorry to hear about Mellow Yellow and the garden. Glad that Joe has help with a big job like the road.

I’m always interested in the food at your ta dos. Anyone’s food at any ta do, really. What are you going to have?

Great news about a local neuro who can order you infusion. Now why couldn’t they do that to begin with. Travel is so tiring.
    ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

4. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pegakafarmgirl View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hello,, mid/west has had some big storms go thru,, had one go thru tonight,, Des Moines had 7 1/2 inches of rain,, river is rising,,

not much going on,,,, our garden took a direct hit,, to much rain.and soot,, a lot of plants died,,:-(,., we spread 4 ton of rock today on our lane,, which needed it bad,, our son came with his skid loader to help his dad

4th of July we have a family picnic,,which is fun,, lots of food,,games for the kids,,

went to the neuro Thursday,, I really like him,, very willing to help,, he is going to let me do the infusion in my hospital,,

a sad note Mellow Yellow {kitten} got run over,, :-(

later
    Tough about the heavy rains. We just plowed under a crop of peas. The weather had been strange with cold alternating with hot and the crop never lasted as long as it should have. But they were sweet while they lasted!

We have had a problem with germination for several years. John thinks the seed is old seed. We have bought from different sources but that has not helped. He thinks there is a big trick and that all our seed companies are also buying from one source. (So no matter where we go we get the same seed) we buy from organic sources of seed and from companies like Johnny’s so we just are not sure. Grrrr.

It was in the 90’s at Market yesterday and I was on hot pavement. Whew! But, I did it! Excessive rain like you got or excessive heat like we are getting....I think Mother Nature is pissed.
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Peg, that's good news about the infusion and the neuro.

But how sad about Mellow Yellow!

Today a neighbor is coming over so we can do an online Safeway order--hers and mine. She's 95, doesn't do computers, but she and I aren't going to get groceries this week unless we do this. The service that normally delivers groceries for us has the week off because of the holiday.

This has worked in the past. I wait for the order, and then I take her items to her apartment using a shopping cart, and she writes me a check for her part of the total. The Safeway usually does a good job though there have been times when they had their problems. Also, because it's a large order there's usually a way to get a free delivery--and that is nice.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

7. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Smile

So July is finally here. Whoopee!

Peg, sorry to hear about Mellow Yellow. As you know, I am a cat lover. They are each so unique. I am sure they will be missed.

Two more days until payday. That deserves another, Whoopee!!!

Today, is another TV day. That's all I've done for a month. That's all I could afford to do.

Everyone have a great day, and month!
    "A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."

9. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Peg, some good and some bad with you this month. The good is you like your Neuro and he is going to let you have your infusions there.

The bad is one of your kittens getting run over. Also, bad is that you have lost some of your garden. 7 1/2 inches of rain is an awful lot.

Glad you are looking forward to 4th of July by having a picnic. I agree with Ann, we would love to know what food is being served. I always want to know about food.

Agate, so glad your neighbor has you to help her. She might have a problem if she did not. I know you don't mind doing it, but still it is a very good deed. She is getting pretty old.

Linda, don't know how you did that in 90 degree heat. We are about 100 degrees here today.

Howie, your payday will be here shortly, so enjoy your TV and pet Sam in the meantime.
    Virginia

11. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar

Smile

:) Peg sorry about your cat and crops. Last night I went to hear Andy's band. I wore my ear plugs and that was better.

Andy'd birthday is the 5th. Jim is having us all over on the 4th for a cookout with hamburgers. I will take Lacy so she does not have to be home alone during the fireworks.

Happy 4th everyone. Jeanie :)

13. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Jeanie, keep her in the house if you are in there, otherwise watch Lacy close. I just was reading that more dogs run away on July 4th than any other time.
    Virginia

15. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Unhappy

Probably the noise of fireworks gets to them, and they just run away. If we had hearing like a dog, we might run away too.
    "A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."

17. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member SuzE-Q's Avatar

Hi Jeanie,

I heard about this and wondered if it might help Lacy. Not sure if she's still having issues, but I thought of her when I heard about it.

https://www.apoqueldogs.com
    Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.

Per Mike Weins: "...the admin/mod team doesn't have to provide a forewarning/warning/mention about altering a members post. It doesn't matter if they fix a link, remove a link, fix a typo, or whatever...."

19. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Page 1 of 24 12345611 ... LastLast