Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Keep on Moving Club: July 2018

Distinguished Community Member

Ann, how wonderful that you have done so well with your PT. You are obviously working very hard while there, but also at home. The unintentional weight loss is great if you needed it. Congratulations on doing so well.
    Virginia

2. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

These are amazing gains Ann :) you are really perseverent and show such grit!

4. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Today I swam 21 minutes, 606 Yards, even though my ankle muscle was tightening all morning and saying to me, “I am thinking of crippling you with a spasm”... NoFear!

6. The following 5 users say "thanks"

I swam 606 Yards today 20.5 minutes with no stiffening muscles this time. IVIG kicked in yesterday afternoon :)

I have rides to go surfing both Saturday and Sunday:)

8. The following 5 users say "thanks"

I can’t wait to go surfing w you!
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

10. The following 5 users say "thanks"

I went surfing today with my friends in knee to thigh high water. It was loaded with Sargassum seaweed, which makes it kind of slimy and murky. But not enough to weigh down the leashes (as has happened twice in the past).

I have figured out a way to have the wheelchair, which I now call my Robot , earlier. No more waiting around for it in the parking area.

Although I have been feeling better on land, I had trouble on the water quickly. I could feel my shin muscles stretching and my feet muscles twitching soon after paddling out.

I failed on four waves, but nothing dangerous, just cover your head until you know where the board is.

I got two pretty fun rides. One I was amazed that I was able to rise to my feet crouching before standing. I can’t domthat on land. The other was a fast one that was faster than anticipated. Maybe the wave was over knee high.

I spent a lot of time sitting on the robot to tame down the spasticity. But it’s a nice view of surfers and ocean. Breathing in that salt air is a pleasure too...

The current caused me to drift about 50 yards south of where my Robot was stationed on the beach. When I got out due to SPS, I had to walk a long way to the Robot.

Later on I tried a different tactic of paddling to near shore, about hip high water, and then paddling parallel to the shore. That came with its own set of energy draining problems.

I will tell you, that MS and SPS bring challenges, and I sometimes wonder if I am up to it....it’s joyful to be out there, but it brings me up close and personal to all I have lost. And as much as I love being on the board, it’s scary to be away from land with these legs.

I suppose we all have that to some extent.

12. The following 5 users say "thanks"

I went surfing again today. The conditions were better, and minimal seaweed too! My legs tolerated the surfing more than yesterday, so I spent more time in the water.

The ocean was a wonderful 83 F, so you can imagine how great it felt to be there. I just love paddling out and getting sprayed by incoming waves! I guess you can say I love everything about surfing!

Today I got to chat a bit with the other woman with MS. She is a smart and sweet person and we get to compare notes. That was an added bonus!

14. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Very good Sunshine. Glad that lady is still out there trying.

Ann, I kept trying to remember where I had used the machine that you showed a picture of, where you lay down and push your legs against the board at the bottom. I was put on one when I went to PT where my Neuro is located. The first time I remember going pretty well, but then she wanted to up how hard it was and I was unable to do it, so I think she just stopped that one. I was sorry she didn't let me remain at the level I could handle, but she seemed to think that was not enough to bother with.
    Virginia

16. The following 5 users say "thanks"

That video Ann posted of the PT machine looks grueling... no way I could do it! I would end up at the ER with spasms... I hope they work you up to it!

Today I felt a bit frisky and increased swim to 22.5 minutes 640 Yards.no worse for the extra minute

18. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Pegakafarmgirl's Avatar

we rode for over a hour tonight,, was nice till the bugs formed possees and swarmed,,,, my horse was so good,,even after my mounting error,,{my leg locked up, and wouldn't bend},, we surveyed river damage,, sad,, but could of been worse
    " Don't outsmart your common sense"

Peg

20. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast