Thread: Child w seizures hospitalized after CBD oil confiscated in London

Distinguished Community Member

Default Child w seizures hospitalized after CBD oil confiscated in London

Child hospitalizized in London for seizures after CBD oil confiscated:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-44515425

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...caldwell-billy

ANN
    (Edited to add second link and, Yeah to this Mom!)
    Last edited by stillstANNding; 06-18-2018 at 05:43 AM.
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

2. The following user says "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((ANN)))))) ~

Thank you so much for sharing this story with us. Even though this story, and the others similar to it, infuriate me, we need to know that it is still occurring around the globe.

How well I understand the nightmare Billy and his mom have endured. Michael had intractable seizures for 22 years, and Jon's seizures are typically life-threatening. We had no options to the toxic AEDs, and I was afraid to take them off of the meds to try a ketogenic diet.

It is unconscionable and inhumane to deprive Billy or any other child or adult the only medicine, which effectively controls his/her condition.

And to use the age-old lie that CBD and THC are not medicine and are unproven flies in the face of all of the cases, where it was the only medicine with any efficacy in treatment. For example, Billy, who was seizure-free for 300 days on CBD/THC. Maybe it doesn't work for everyone, which is also true of pharmaceuticals, but when it does work for someone, there is no denying its efficacy. How much more proof is needed?

To deny Billy the only medicine ever shown to be effective in stopping his seizures, because of an antiquated Reefer Madness mentality is incredibly cruel and heartless.

Nearly every pharmaceutical drug is based upon something in nature, a replication of it. Marinol, for example, is Big Pharma's attempt to mimic marijuana's benefits. But, if MJ doesn't have any medicinal benefits, why mimic it?

Depakote is based on Valerian root. Many numbing agents are related to the cocaine family of plants. Even some of Jim's chemotherapy drugs were based upon plants.

It's 2018. Why are we still debating this and battling to have the right to any medicine that will help us? When will the negative stereotype about MJ wear off, so that everyone, who needs it can access it?

I would be devastated and probably arrested, if my son's medications were confiscated. A six month supply. But even one day without it, and the seizures begin, then you can't get the medicine he needs, and ... this is a nightmare.

I will pray for them to prevail and thereby set a precedent for any other parents and children forced into this awful and unnecessary situation.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad.

4. The following 2 users say "thanks"