Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oh boy! Look at this product to help you walk up stairs...using the handrail.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh boy! Look at this product to help you walk up stairs...using the handrail.

I have not begun to research the product. I searched StairSteady bar and got this. Whatever Else this is the right idea. I have a friend’s house that I would use this in...she is on the second floor and there is a railing like this. I can use it in my own home.

Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

I forgot to mention...the man walking along a straight handrail, not going up any stairs, shows a different use of the product.
    Last edited by Lazarus; 06-07-2018, 03:26 AM.
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

Thanks, Linda.

I see how it helps on the way up. That looks like something Mom could use now. I don't see how it helps on the way down. There don't seem to me any 'stops' to hold you back.

ANN
    Last edited by stillstANNding; 06-07-2018, 04:24 AM.
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Comment

One of the videos showing the woman coming down the stairs. The bar seems to have a lock to keep it in place as it is moved.
      Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

Comment

At around one minute it shoes the woman coming down the steps. It also shows a good view of the wall-side bar. I see no stops. Just a smooth descending.

ANN
        There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Comment

Originally posted by stillstANNding View Post
          At around one minute it shoes the woman coming down the steps. It also shows a good view of the wall-side bar. I see no stops. Just a smooth descending.

ANN
          It has security measures to stop people who are using it from falling. Read the description below but you can see it in the video from the way people are using their hands. It seems to give you time to balance yourself before moving.

The StairSteady helps you to keep your independence on your stairs while staying safe.

The StairSteady is a high quality fixed handrail and a sliding supporting handle that moves freely when pushed but locks in place when weight is applied. It acts as firm support for either climbing or coming down the stairs.

The handle is sturdy and secure and lets you have both hands in front of you as you climb or descend the stairs at your own pace. Once you reach the top or bottom the handle folds neatly away letting you stay independent without having to compromise on appearance.”
          Linda~~~~

Comment

I've seen quite a few "solutions" to the problem of stairs in houses and never before found one that didn't make me think I'd chooser to move to a place without stairs rather than use that solution.. Installing an elevator, installing a special stair lift--whatever solution was offered just seemed so complicated and cumbersome that I'd be afraid it would break down at some very inconvenient time. But this is simple enough and looks as if it just might be a good answer for many people.
            SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

I would be afraid that the mechanism would fail, causing you to tumble backwards down stairs, in attempt to go upstairs with the mechanism.

Comment

Yes, that's definitely a concern I had while watching the video. I hope it can be assumed that to market this the company had to meet some very rigid safety standards. I'd want to know a lot more about those standards if I considered buying the device.
                SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

Working...
                X